Orange County

Status
Not open for further replies.

JThacker81

Hello, I'm having an issue receiving paramedic to hospital talk groups on my Pro-97 Scanner. I was able to pick up talk groups 6E, 6F, 6H etc up until a week ago. I am able to pick up all other fire talk groups with no issues. When the paramedic to hospital frequencies are received by my scanner it just comes in as static and flashes on and off my scanner screen. I dont think I have programmed it incorrectly as I have picked the talk groups up in the past with not issues. I did read that they are switching the talk groups over to digital and I am wondering if that is the issue? If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks

allend

Premium Subscriber
With scanning there is no guarantee of what is or what will be in this new world at this point. If you like to listen to other surrounding counties and they are digital then buy another one. It's just up to you and your budget. Encryption is just a thorn in people's side anymore.

KD0DUJ

Here in Colorado there is bill to limit encryption that HB 19-1235 look it up

allend

Premium Subscriber
Pretty crappy. I remember Orange County Fire Authority started out on 46.14 mhz low band decades ago and here we are today with fire executives locking all of their communications down. Honestly and I don't mind saying this but I hope this decision completely fails and the people who are making this decision eventually get fired because of liability and a back lash for this.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
The cut over is at least partly the issue. They are not currently using 6D or 6G (at least I haven't seen/heard any activity on them since about 2 weeks ago when the NW and SW cells cut over). Looks like they are using 6H, 6I, 6J and 6K for the mean time. I have only heard 6H being used regularly and 1 call I heard got a 6K assignment last week.
Monitor 6A and see if you can hear their call-in once the TG is assigned for the base contact. That will help determine exactly which TG's/cells are currently in use and whether or not you are having an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.