Oregon Media Licenses Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
I started out looking for info on KGW's frequency of 450.5125, listening during the 5 PM newscast. I came up empty looking for the frequency in Oregon's RRDB listings or FCC licenses in Oregon. So I widened my search net and discovered that it actually belongs to King Broadcasting Co. out of Dallas, TX.

King Broadcasting Co. License for KTE870

Part of my search turned up a frequency listing from the Society of Broadcast Engineers dated 2003. Lots of great info listed, although some might be a little dated.

Broadcast Freq. Coordination Listing

gmitch

I started out looking for info on KGW's frequency of 450.5125, listening during the 5 PM newscast. I came up empty looking for the frequency in Oregon's RRDB listings or FCC licenses in Oregon. So I widened my search net and discovered that it actually belongs to King Broadcasting Co. out of Dallas, TX.

King Broadcasting Co. License for KTE870

Part of my search turned up a frequency listing from the Society of Broadcast Engineers dated 2003. Lots of great info listed, although some might be a little dated.

Broadcast Freq. Coordination Listing

Nice find. If you want the FCC links:
Site / Market / Frequency Query

on the drop down: Service Selection / Specific Services Only / Land Mobile - Private
Radio Service Selection / Specific Radio Services / (RP) Broadcast Auxiliary
State / OR
Hit Submit Query

If you want the wireless mikes, change (RP) Broadcast Auxiliary to (LP) Broadcast Auxiliary Low Power.

I think there are a few licensed as regular businesses that you can do a normal search for:
NVT Portland (KOIN)
Fisher Broadcasting (KATU)
Meredith Corporation (KPTV)
and King Broadcasting (KGW) are the big ones.

And of course all of the TV stations own a few radio stations that share these licenses. And I think there are some leased frequencies.

Last edited:

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Appreciate the link, thanks! Been a while since I've hit the FCC website for info...

Status
Not open for further replies.