• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Oregon Speedway Race Ops Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to take the scanner along to the dirt track and listen to the Tower, Flag, etc.. It really adds a lot to the experience, and NO I am not a Nascar fan. If we could get a list together here it might be useful. I usually use the Signal Stalker, but when I was at Bakersfield in CA. I had to ask another scanner carrier. So there is no guarantee you'll catch what you are looking for. I am pretty sure there was something else going on at C.G. but I couldn't make it out

Cottage Grove Speedway, Cottage Grove OR.: 462.562?(0)

Sorry, but I had the cheap scanner with me, so I don't have any ctss or dpl info. Thanks.

Last edited:
Douglas County Speedway

Though I am not an asphalt afficianado, the wet cold weather has made for a limited selection of weekend activities. So:

&

This next one is interesting. It was only active during the sprint car finale/Main Event. The tower talks directly to the field of racers. 454.000.

Medford: Southern Oregon Speedway

Very useful this past weekend, as there were local power outage related issues. The PA was not up and running.

157.6250 will tell you win, place, and show.

Looks like maybe each track rents their radios from a private comm provider? When I do an FCC ULS Search, private comm businesses are all I find for the specific frequencies.

That, and Taco Bell. :)

Coo's Bay Raceway Track

469.500 & #2-469.550

Usually these are just business band frequencies, and often times the person(s) at the racetrack have no idea what frequency they are on. At Perris, Ca. The flagman showed me his radio. There was nothing indicating what frequency was being utilized..

Douglas County Speedway in Roseburg, OR

Though I am not an asphalt afficianado, the wet cold weather has made for a limited selection of weekend activities. So:

&

This next one is interesting. It was only active during the sprint car finale/Main Event. The tower talks directly to the field of racers. 454.000.
Went last night, things have changed. 158.4000 is only for tow trucks, emergency personnel. Flagman is on something else, and I searched in vain on my yeasu and could not catch it. I never take it for granted, but I did this time. anybody know?

Status
Not open for further replies.