ORION: Scanner, antenna, or reception issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I am the audio provider for the Omaha Police Feed. If anybody has listened (or is currently listening), you can tell that it has some kind of "skip" thing going on every so many seconds. I believe this is a decoding issue, but I don't know anything about scanners or how to tell what is causing this. My guess is it might be reception. How can I diagnosis this and fix this problem? I am streaming from 78th & Blondo (where the scanner is receiving at). I am using a Radio Shack Pro-106 and I replaced the antenna with the one at Center-Loaded Telescoping Whip Antenna - RadioShack.com (both this one and the factory antenna both have this issue). I am digital trunking on the ORION system.

SCPD

QRT
What you describe sounds exactly like a Priority function enabled, most likely to the weather frequencies. Some radios it seems to be enabled by default, and other times it gets turned on. Regardless, what you describe, the "skipping" is the known effect when this feature is enabled.

SCPD

QRT
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I couldn't tell you how annoying that was! THANK YOU! My feed sounds so damn good now with no skipping AT ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.