OSP Post 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

BN203

Premium Subscriber
OSP Greene County Post 29 is not listed in the MARCS info listed here on Radio Reference. Post 29 is incorrectly listed as District 5. It is actually in District 8. There is no information on Decimal numbers for Post 29. Does anyone have that information?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
No, Post 29 is not in District 8, it is in District 5. The reason you do not see it listed is because it falls under the OSP Regional Consolidated Dispatching. Post 29 units are dispatched by DAYTON (Post 57) dispatch talkgroups.

More information can be found in the Wiki from the OSP main page.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
OSP Greene County Post 29 is not listed in the MARCS info listed here on Radio Reference. Post 29 is incorrectly listed as District 5. It is actually in District 8. There is no information on Decimal numbers for Post 29. Does anyone have that information?

Post 29 was switched from District 8 to District 5 several years ago. They are now dispatched out of the Dayton Post located in Clayton on one of the Dayton talkgroups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

santafe2016

I specifically heard them announce a call the other day for Twenty Nine units Im thinking it was dayton 2

BN203

Premium Subscriber
Post 29 was switched from District 8 to District 5 several years ago. They are now dispatched out of the Dayton Post located in Clayton on one of the Dayton talkgroups.

I have Dayton 2 in my scan list and rarely hear anything. Their old designation was 32096 for Disp and 32111 for TAC. I will continue to monitor. Thanks for the info. By the way Dayton may dispatch but Post 29 is still listed in District 8 on the OSP website. I have a friend who is retired from OSP and was Dist 8 commander who believes I am correct. He is checking for me. His last assignment was at GHQ in Human Resources before he retired about 5 years ago. Keeps in contact with everyone.

BN203

Premium Subscriber
I specifically heard them announce a call the other day for Twenty Nine units Im thinking it was dayton 2
I have Dayton 2 in my scan list and rarely hear anything. Their old designation was 32096 for Disp and 32111 for TAC. I will continue to monitor. Thanks for the info. By the way Dayton may dispatch but Post 29 is still listed in District 8 on the OSP website. I have a friend who is retired from OSP and was Dist 8 commander who believes I am correct. He is checking for me. His last assignment was at GHQ in Human Resources before he retired about 5 years ago. Keeps in contact with everyone.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber

Looking at a map of OSP districts Greene County is in District 5 which is the Piqua District. That’s is why Dayton now dispatches for Greene County units. This realignment May have occurred sometime after your friend retired from the patrol.

santafe2016

With these radios all sounding alike I am unable to determine most times what Post is doing dispatching and if anyone can indeed confirm that 29 is a Ghost Post with no active dispatch going on, in the district Springfield does marysville also Dayton all the Miami valley and Piqua that area, I do hear Post 6 at times. Regional disptach has taken away what we used to hear. Now it is Dayton to whatever unit and Springfield to say 589. Most tac are encrypted so why even scan them!

Acegta

Premium Subscriber
DAYTON 2 (51730) is the talkgroup that is used for Greene County (Post 29) and Preble County and has been for awhile. Even before the change to MARCS -IP. O/P you might want to update your information in your scanner with the current info contained her at RR.
The Greene County post is in District 5 and also a "ghost" district.

Status
Not open for further replies.