• Both Trunk88 and Unitrunker?

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Neither until more feature are added?

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner71

OK, so programs like Trunk88 and Unitrunker show info from the OSW stream like radio ID's and affiliations but is there more info in the stream? Are there programs out there that show you everything if there is more info? I am totally addicted to Trunk88 and have been tweaking it for weeks now and I hope I am seeing everything but there is always this nagging feeling I am missing things. If there is more info what would it be? What do dispatchers see? I downloaded a trial version of 911CAD which is pretty cool and I listen intently to what dispatchers are saying but I would love to know if they are seeing more than I am seeing. I am very curious and need to know, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
There is more off the control channel....such as the location of Jimmy Hoffa :D

In reality If you use both Trunk88 and Unitrunker you are getting all the info
you need...

I would add you left Pro96Com off the poll...it is a great program for
use on P25 systems :)

Marshall KE4ZNR

slicerwizard

TRUNK88 reports everything that is sent over 3600 bps outbound control channels, even events that it doesn't understand. The only way that you can miss stuff is by having a less than perfect decoding rate or messing up a critical parameter (like System Type)

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I downloaded a trial version of 911CAD which is pretty cool and I listen intently to what dispatchers are saying but I would love to know if they are seeing more than I am seeing. I am very curious and need to know, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance.

You are seeing more than the dispatchers do. They typically only work a few talkgroups or channels at a time, and will likely see a RadioID or alias of the calling party on whichever channels they are working. They don't see any other the other stuff, as they have no need to and are busy enough as it is. Remember, the dispatchers are on the air just doing their jobs, not analyzing their radio system.

Northerner71

KE4ZNER, I didn't include pro96com because I never use it. It only decodes 9600 and all I have around me is 3600. I downloaded it and it looks like a good program but I can not get it to work. I was going to put a question about every program mixed up i.e. Trunkk88,Unitrunker,ID tracker etc. but thought I may upset the authors of these wonderful programs and I do not want that. I live for updates to these programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.