Oswego County new radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
Wondering if there are any new tidbits of information floating around. I see there are now several antennas installed on the Fulton tower, so it looks as if things are progressing.

c0untyb0y

yes progress is moving along. just today I saw a preview to the talkgroup lineup for one of the agency users. haven't heard too much else other than that.

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
Another question to pose to the locals..... I see a lot of work on the new tower here in Fulton at the watertower, and heard mention of it being part of the new system. However that site is not listed on the FCC license, rather the closest site is in over in Dexterville at a tower site a little way off route 3. Curious as to how the pieces actually fit together.

D

DaveNF2G

I have found numerous instances of wrong lat/long data in the FCC database.

ab2ms

Premium Subscriber
Looking at that listing on google earth, it does coincide with a tower site in Dexterville which I believe is a county site. There is a lot of equipment appearing on the tower here in Fulton, so something is going on there too. I guess time will tell. Maybe this is where a few walks to the site with my 106 and "signal stalker" will tell something eventually. Who knows, maybe it is just a matter of the wrong site listed.
I'll have to make a new scan list of Oswego's new frequencies to scan once in a while to see when something pops up. I tried searching, but don't see any up to date info on the interwebs on Oswego's system.

c0untyb0y

it's likely you won't see anything until some testing takes place. might happen before the leaves pop out on the trees next spring.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
As Dave stated, the lat/long is likely wrong on this license. I personally don't bother figuring out the lat/long on licenses; personal preference.

The county bought a 50' X 50' piece of property from the city at the water tower site to build the communications tower.

If you look closely at the license, the East Broadway (Fulton location) is labeled "FWT." Meaning, Fulton Water Tower.

So, what you are seeing there is one of the new towers that will be used by the new radio system in the county.

Along with several other towers throughout the county, the Fulton site will also carry the future/new UHF dispatch channel (460.1125).

You won't hear much of anything right now. Patience will be needed. Construction is still taking place throughout the county, and also keep in mind licenses are still pending engineering review.

Always expect delays on new communication systems. They sometimes tend to be 6 - 12 months behind from what the public is told what to expect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.