• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

/\/\otorola HT1550 XLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
That is one sexy display manny! Two lines for the alphanumeric! Awesome!

Yeah, I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. Funny thing was that I saw one up close and personal while at a Moto dealer shop picking up my HT1250s. Imagine picking up a nice new looking recased set of 1250s and then seeing a radio with THIS type of display. Man, I went from estatic to depressed in less than a minute. LOL...

Manny

kc2kvy

Feed Provider
Is anyone currently offering this mod? A search on eBay turns up nothing.

I had many HT1250s and got a XTS-2500 403-470 Digital\Analog with ADP the cheap encryption but it does work great.we use radios going to hamfest and always bring different radios each time we go to talk PVT now only one radios with the APD makes things better.

xplorer417

hi I got a demo vhf ht1550xls I love it is a great radio I also have two 1250s one conventional and other ls+ radio.both VHF models limited keypads to on both models

Last edited:

CommJunkie

hi I got a demo vhf ht1550xls I love it is a great radio u should really keep the 1250s to they are going to be canceling the 1250s soon there going to be worth a lot I also have two 1250s one vhf convential and other ls+ VHF radio

They're going to be worth the same amount they are now, and then next to nothing. Look at the MT2000, HT1000, JT1000, etc. They were all state-of-the-art at the time, were phased out for something better, and now can be found on ebay for $50. Don't keep a radio thinking it's going to be worth something, they're not collector's items.

fdscan

They're going to be worth the same amount they are now, and then next to nothing. Look at the MT2000, HT1000, JT1000, etc. They were all state-of-the-art at the time, were phased out for something better, and now can be found on ebay for $50. Don't keep a radio thinking it's going to be worth something, they're not collector's items.

Agreed.

As nice as the 1250's are... They really aren't capable of much technology-wise. Only LTR trunking on certain models if I remember correctly.

They don't have P25 or TRBO or any of that newer digital stuff so I wouldn't expect their value to stick around for THAT much longer. The only reason they are worth a lot now is because they are supported by Motorola and still a radio that's actively used in the field, basically because they're newer. That being said, the reason the Jedi series radios are being found at the price they generally are on eBay is because they (although they're great radios, I have two) are outdated and not supported by Motorola; they're phasing out.

As CommJunkie said... They're not collector's items.

The only thing that would really make an old used radio worth more is if it were a vintage "collectable" item.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
A radio will be worth more to someone who has not only a sentimental attachment but has good use for it.
My HT1550XLS is not going anywhere. Not only is it fully refurbished and FPP is permanently enabled
( no red battery required ), but it still suits my needs not only for public safety monitoring, but for GMRS usage as well. So while the market may not give it the value that a TRBO radio has for example, it's great for my needs. As long as I understand the fact that it's worth more to ME than to John Q public, I'll be fine!

Manny

fdscan

A radio will be worth more to someone who has not only a sentimental attachment but has good use for it.
My HT1550XLS is not going anywhere. Not only is it fully refurbished and FPP is permanently enabled
( no red battery required ), but it still suits my needs not only for public safety monitoring, but for GMRS usage as well. So while the market may not give it the value that a TRBO radio has for example, it's great for my needs. As long as I understand the fact that it's worth more to ME than to John Q public, I'll be fine!

Manny

That's a good way to look at it.

I can see what you mean because I'm the same way. Everything I do requires pretty much no digital or P25 or TRBO or anything so I'm fine with an older radio like a Jedi.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
So so true i was only able to get the 100.00 i got for my ht1000 cause the guy really wanted a ht1000 and mine had a brand new 2nd battery and a public safety speaker mic.

spvfd47

I don't mean to res-erect a dead thread, but I was wondering if anyone figured out how to enable the fpp without the red battery.

Mars_P25

Paid RR Supporter
Banned
Looks like my Communcations.support login is dead and their registration is jacked up... uhg... Is this documented anywhere else?

Registration is OK. You just have to answer the questions at signup. Hint: The site is for professionals, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.