• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

/\/\otorola HT1550 XLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Well, I finally did it! For the longest time, I have wanted to move up from the HT1250 to the HT 1550 XLS.
I finally decided to give myself an early holiday present and to my surprise, the little woman was ok with it. LOL.. What made me do it, besides the price and the radio being fully refurbished, was that the radio has been "permanently" enabled to do FPP WITHOUT the need of a red battery. The seller offers a 60 warranty. I am wondering how he's doing this! Anyone else hear of this? He accepts offers well below his asking price, trust me!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161132435784?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_618wt_887

Manny

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Those are great radios. I still have mine from when they originally came out. We got a "dealer kit" that had VHF, UHF1 UHF2 and other accessories. I sold the VHF a few years ago and still have my UHF.
What a great radio.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
He posted on one of the other forums that it's a firmware hack but he's not saying what, yet. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before someone figures it out. Just like the JT1000s back in the day with enabling the "Federal" mod. I sure wish I knew how to figure these things out!

Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. I'm happy to folks figuring out different mods for the warris series radios. It took a long time for some folks to figure out the out of band mods.

brndnstffrd

On P25.ca there is an ongong effort to figure out what it is, but so far, it has been unsuccessful.

CommJunkie

I've had my 1550 for about 7 years now and I love it. I'd love to find that hack since my red battery won't hold a charge anymore.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Well, not that I would pay extra to have this done myself,especially at the prices that these radios are STILL going for used, but he does offer to do the permanent FPP mod service.
Motorola HT1550 XLS Mod Service FPP Enabling No FPP Bat Needed Ham Fire EMS | eBay
The other thing I'm wondering is what is /\/\otorola's position on this? I had a concern which I addresed with him. I asked him, "what if my radio needs to go back to /\/\oto for service? Aren't they most likely going to reset the radio back to factory specs?" He told me that he can remotely access my computer ( with my permission) and reflash the radio back to the way he sold it to me! That is absolutely amazing!... Either way, I can't wait to get mine. Should be here before turkey day! Now I just have to sell my 2 HT1250s. I had them both refurbished thinking I was going to keep them, until I decided to take the 1550 plunge! :D

Manny

Last edited:

CommJunkie

If someone has this guy do the hack, they can post the hex data and we can compare with a stock 1550 and find the hack :D

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Manny, is this the guy you bought from? that is not a bad price, but still getting crap for the UHF I bought.

Yes! He sells the radios with the mod done, or if you already own one, he will do it to your radio for that price.

The guy is really good about responding to emails or questions on Ebay. I felt very comfortable dealing with him.

I will have the radio by Wednesday according to the UPS tracking results. I can't wait to play! :)

Manny

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE!

Eagerly awaiting also! Would love to be able to FPP.

Well, this is definitely, a pleasant first! I happen to be tracking the status of the package on the UPS website and wouldn't you know it, the status said " out for delivery". I almost fell back in my chair! LOL..They are calling it an "early delivery" as the package was originally scheduled to arrive tomorrow!

"Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Tuesday, 11/26/2013, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Wednesday, 11/27/2013, By End of Day"

That is definitely a first for me! You KNOW this wouldn't happen if he had used the USPS...So, I will be able to update you guys, pictures and all, at some point today! :p

Manny

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
1550 XLS-FPP officially arrives in my shack!

Here is the first picture of my nice refurbished 1550 XLS with FPP. Just to keep things interesting, I switched
the battery that it came with, and used one from one of my HT1250s. Here is a sample picture!

Last edited:

svfd17

Here is the first picture of my nice refurbished 1550 XLS with FPP. Just to keep things interesting, I switched
the battery that it came with, and used one from one of my HT1250s. Here is a sample picture!

Now I'm jealous, lol hope you enjoy it!

Sent from my C570 using this tapatalk machinery

Status
Not open for further replies.