Ottawa County

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoytKlagwell

Premium Subscriber
If Ottawa County officals have any brains they'd keep away from P25 digital IMHO. I can't see the county spending money on P25 or any trunking system. There always been fights over what type of system the county should use. West end uses UHF repeaters from Ray's and others use the County EDCAS system. There's departments installing their own systems (UHF). Until the county as a whole can get their sh*t together they need to stay where they are. Even the county sheriff has their own UHF 460.35 system. Quit spending our tax money until everyone is on the same wavelength.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
I don't know where you get your info but nobody on the west end of the county uses uhf, they are all on the 800 system. Plus in the last several months the county has gotten long time hold outs to join the 800 system for some ops, like Carroll Township, Rocky Ridge and Erie Township. As it stands right now there is not one public safety agency in the county that does not have access to the system.
HoytKlagwell said:
If Ottawa County officals have any brains they'd keep away from P25 digital IMHO. I can't see the county spending money on P25 or any trunking system. There always been fights over what type of system the county should use. West end uses UHF repeaters from Ray's and others use the County EDCAS system. There's departments installing their own systems (UHF). Until the county as a whole can get their sh*t together they need to stay where they are. Even the county sheriff has their own UHF 460.35 system. Quit spending our tax money until everyone is on the same wavelength.

HoytKlagwell

Premium Subscriber
Take a look at all the frequency's listed for Ottawa County both PD and FD. For such a small county there seems to be a lot of them. Almost everyone has their own. Just because they have access to the EDAC system doesn't mean they'll use it. Going digital is expensive and in some ways not reliable.
I suppose Davis Besse is going to pay for the new system? Ottawa County just wants another toy to play with. Gotta let the local newspaper in on this. The county's got more important things to worry about than a new toy for the FD and PD's to play with.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Just because agencys have other frequencies does not mean they don't use the 800 system. Most of the county uses the system on a daily basis. And as a user of the system I know first hand how badly the systems needs upgraded or replaced. I think over that past 20 years the county has gotten it's money's worth out a system that was not intended to be used by almost all agency's in the county. The system was only disigned to support mutual aid in the event of an emergency at Davis Beese, not daily use by public safety agencies. So you are welcome to your opinion but you need to listen to the people that use the system every day, SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE WITH IT. And if you think that providing emergency personnel with reliable communications is not important to worry about your priorities are a little off.
HoytKlagwell said:
Take a look at all the frequency's listed for Ottawa County both PD and FD. For such a small county there seems to be a lot of them. Almost everyone has their own. Just because they have access to the EDAC system doesn't mean they'll use it. Going digital is expensive and in some ways not reliable.
I suppose Davis Besse is going to pay for the new system? Ottawa County just wants another toy to play with. Gotta let the local newspaper in on this. The county's got more important things to worry about than a new toy for the FD and PD's to play with.

HoytKlagwell

Premium Subscriber
Here we go again

Crying you want a new toy. I've used the system plenty of times on a east end dept. Matter of fact I listen to it daily. OCTA uses it like a C friggin B radio along with the friggin school bus drivers. The system is set to give the users priority over one another. Don't tell me it doesn't. When has someone's life in this county been in danger due to the system being full of users. Explain how larger countys can get by just fine with a conventional system? Whats so special about OC that they need a top of the line system? Oh yeah I forgot Davis Besse might melt down or we have a terriorist attack. Well if it does lets see your radio save your as*.
Your first complaint was parts are not available for your aging radios. WELL BUY NEW ONES! Don't tell me GE/ Erricson or Motorola doesn't make radios to work on the county's system. I see them daily.

If your so worried you might get hurt doing your job because of your aging radio THEN FIND A NEW JOB! YOUR priority's are off. You sound like a **** or is that a cop for one of the county depts. Yeah you'll get your toy to play with and in a few years you'll cry wanting something else.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Seems like a good idea to tap into Lucas Co's new system for mutual aid purposes... And throwing a nuke plant into the mix makes the Fed'$ like it too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.