• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Ouachita County County/Camden City DMR Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know if Ouachita County/Camden City DMR Public Safety is encryted or not. I don't won't to buy a $600-700 radio and find out all traffic is encryted. I allready got burned several years ago when radio reference had them listed as P25, and my new $500 radio was usless due to them being all DMR.

wbswetnam

Premium Subscriber
I don't live anywhere near there so I don't know. Only about 10% - 20% of LE agencies that I have encountered encrypt their DMR or NXDN signals, though.

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
Why would Ouachita SO have a live feed on broadcastify, an sponsored official feed by the SO with very little delay if they were encrypted? Ouachita County Sheriff OC is not encrypted at this point. Unlike NLRPD that is fully E and has an feed,.. But delayed by 30 minutes....

wbswetnam

Premium Subscriber
I might take a drive down there with the 536HP and investigate some weekend soon. It'll give me an excuse for a short road trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.