• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Outage 1/11/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Folks, I know you've got a lot of questions and concerns about today's multi-hour outage today. Rest assured we were scrambling to get everything back up and running.

We needed to migrate to a new database infrastructure and unfortunately some other events required us to push up our plans with little notice and a lot more downtime than we wanted.

I'll have a full post-mortem here soon after things settle down. Thanks for your patience.

No worries, Lyndsay, you gotta do what you gotta do. I'll just have another mug of joe and wait until the withdrawal symptoms die down!

Thanks for an excellent forum, we all appreciate you hard work.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
You and the crew do a great job keeping the system up.. Despite what all the whiners on Facebook and Twitter say..

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Yup! Here's what I posted on the FB comments criticizing Broadcastify...

"As a feed provider, I can count on one hand the number of times my feed has been down due to a Broadcastify issue in the five years my feed’s been running. Kudos!
"

Great job guys (and/or gals)... keep it up!

CQ

Image Uploading Broken?

Tried to post images and nothing works.
Formats: .jpg, gif and .png
Less than maximum resolution
Less than maximum size

This is not a valid image file.

jasonhouk

Premium Subscriber
Folks, I know you've got a lot of questions and concerns about today's multi-hour outage today. Rest assured we were scrambling to get everything back up and running.

We needed to migrate to a new database infrastructure and unfortunately some other events required us to push up our plans with little notice and a lot more downtime than we wanted.

I'll have a full post-mortem here soon after things settle down. Thanks for your patience.
Looking forward to the "post-mortem".

Thanks

J

N9JIG

Sheriff
I had the same issue uploading a pic to the Forums. I get an error saying it is not a valid image file and it appends the image name with a colon. I would attach an image with the screenshot but alas, I can't...

delaware74b

Premium Subscriber
Was this outage a result of the problems that also occurred on Jan 4? I had a banner at the top of my Scanner Radio App (android free version) "Broadcastify.com is currently experiencing server or network problems. Scanner feeds relayed by them (which is the majority of the ones in the directory) are currently unavailable."

Kudos to blantonl and everybody who works to keeping broadcastify up and running!

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Was this outage a result of the problems that also occurred on Jan 4? I had a banner at the top of my Scanner Radio App (android free version) "Broadcastify.com is currently experiencing server or network problems. Scanner feeds relayed by them (which is the majority of the ones in the directory) are currently unavailable."

Kudos to blantonl and everybody who works to keeping broadcastify up and running!
The problems on Jan 4th and in late Dec 2017, were all due to the same issues.

Yesterday's issues required us to move up a migrate timeline from a few weeks to *now*. That necessitated us taking down everything vs an orderly migration. That also resulted in more downtime yesterday because we had to prepare a backup plan if things didn't go right.

Most important thing for me is to protect data first, and all things come second.

More to follow. It's a long and sordid technical story :)

Status
Not open for further replies.