Overwelmed by manual, need help with CTCSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebrunn

Got a good price on a PRO-97 the other day and finally am getting around to setting it up.

I am trying to set it for my local police which I believe uses the 800-megahertz system. Here is the link for the frequencies for my county:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1328

I am trying to get "Sheriff's Office-Dispatch North". I understand about the trucking, but I only see one frequency listed on the page. I tried reading the manual but it is way too confusing for me. Any help to steer me in the right dirrection would be greatly appreciated.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Have several PRO-97's and really like them. Looks like all your Sheriff's Office radios are still conventional VHF. Try this, go to the channel you want to enter the frequency in and press PGM, enter 151.295, press ENT. Then press the FUNC or black F key then MODE and enter the CTCSS code which is 210.7 then press ENT. Then you can hit the TEXT button to enter an alpha tag for your frequency entry. Repeat for other channels as needed. Hit MAN to go back to manual mode and then SCAN and you are in business. It's always good to learn how to enter frequencies manually but course down the road it might be much easier to purchase a copy of Don Star's WIN97 and a cable and program the scanner with your computer. Good luck and enjoy your new scanner.

Mark

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
You really need to ask around in the MN Forum. Actually, unless something is changed, Dakota County no longer uses those VHF frequencies, read the notice just above those frequencies. One of the local MN DB Admins need to address this, but for your problem, I am not sure how much you are going to receive on a Pro-97. Again, check with the MN folks in the MN Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.