Oxford County Fire - MotoTRBO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the mix up. You are absolutely correct, that network ID is HUC. Nonetheless there was testing on 152.675 using the previously mentioned color code ,slot and talkgroup. They were on Airport rd just west of Norwich,commenting on the signal strength and call clarity. I will check again tomorrow.

Thanks
Andy

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
Coverage testing again this afternoon on 152.675. Showing as talkgroup 200, Slot 1 and color code1, same as previous day. I am amazed at how clear the signal is. They were testing just on the outskirts of Ingersoll, sounded like they were in Brantford.

Andy

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
I do believe the switch was thrown today to the new radio system. Can not confirm as I don't have a scanner capable of receiving MotorTurbo. Might be time for an upgrade. Any suggestions???

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
My understanding is they will page out the depts on 154-100 then use the new radio system for communication purposes.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Departments are out for a house fire in Otterville right now... Coms have been on 152.675 as previously mentioned. Seeing TG 200 on Slot 1 and 202 on Slot 2. And oddly enough both slots seem to be carrying the same traffic sometimes. According to dispatch Command is on OPS2, which may be TG202. Fireground is on TAC 1, water shuttle on TAC 2... I suspect this system is setup same/similar to Elgin Countys meaning the TAC channels will be simplex.

JonAvey

From what I can hear, dispatch still seems to be using 154.100 but once on scene they switch to an Ops or Tac channel.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
The setup seems to be the same as Elgin County uses... units respond on OPS1, which is simulcast on the analog channel, then command switches to OPS2 when on scene. Fireground comms are assigned a TAC channel which is simplex... so unless you are in the immediate area, you won't hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.