P25 / Analog ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
CONFUSED ! some of the sights I get in to show a department with their frequency & department ID #.
BUT ! , it also list that that department shows a Digital frequency & a department ID # & then it shows a
voice for Analog ? VERY confusing !!. I have tried programing both ways & no luck. What am I doing wrong ? I have a PRO 106 scanner. Thanks for the time, jbxfire

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
KC for Pro-106

CONFUSED ! some of the sights I get in to show a department with their frequency & department ID #.
BUT ! , it also list that that department shows a Digital frequency & a department ID # & then it shows a
voice for Analog ? VERY confusing !!. I have tried programing both ways & no luck. What am I doing wrong ? I have a PRO 106 scanner. Thanks for the time, jbxfire

I have a radio identical to the Pro-106.

I don't know about others, but I have been programming my radio for many years now. Every single time I attempt to manually program my radio, I make mistakes. If you're not careful, you will eventually encounter what is called a "heap error." To me, it is incredibly complex to attempt to manually program this radio by looking into one visual field, the LCD screen. I happen to program with WIn500. It costs around $39.00 or so with a free trial. After a while, perhaps, you will eventually see how relatively simple it is to program these radios, with a computer.

Here is an example of what this program looks like. In KC, both states, most of the radio traffic is P25 digital. WIN500 - UtahRadio

Here is a place to start reading & learning. Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Finally, if you want, send me a Private Message & I will in turn send you my scanner contents for the Kansas City Metroplex with a Scan list in Word. I will then provide you will my email address so that I can attach the file for the KC Metroplex.

I have programmed both sides of KC. Of course, this is contingent upon you having Win500 loaded into your computer. If you use other software, you can basically disregard this.

For an area as large & full of P25 digital radio systems as KC, I would strongly discourage anyone attempting to manually program such.

If you like, I would even tailor the program to meet your needs if you tell me what area you are wanting to monitor. I can cut or add to it. No big deal.

Remember, most of the area transmit on P25 Digital trunking. Some of the smaller municipalities might use analog with patches into the various radio systems. Some, might use digital transmissions on conventional frequencies. It might be helpful if you could learn to differentiate between digital, both conventional & trunking. With patience, you will persevere & find an extremely robust area for radio monitoring.

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
For the OP, I have a pro-197 which is essentially the same radio. I program this using the keypad only with no software with no issues, and my pd in this area has a repeater which transmits P25 or analog, and can do so on the same frequency as well as a alternate.
I program the same repeater output frequency in twice, once set in P25 with the proper NAC and again in analog with the PL they use.
Then I do the same again with the alternate frequency.
Is this what your department might be doing?

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.