P25 MA SP talk groups on the 396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevenme

Feed Provider
Do I need to do anything special to receive the digital P25 talk groups of the MA SP on the 396XT? Right now the system is programmed in my XT and I don't have a problem with any of the analog talk groups or sites. A couple of times while I was driving I would hear what sounded like a digital talk group (radio techs) but the XT would not stop and decode the transmission. So I would hear brief (1 second or less) bursts of audio and the XT would continue scanning.

I live near Mansfield where they use P25 encrypted and I know that even though the XT will not decode the audio it will hang on the frequency. I'm just wondering if any of the settings I'm using could be causing this problem. Thanks,

ecps92

The Tech's can run P25 and P25/Enc

Most likely you caught the P25/Enc traffic

Do I need to do anything special to receive the digital P25 talk groups of the MA SP on the 396XT? Right now the system is programmed in my XT and I don't have a problem with any of the analog talk groups or sites. A couple of times while I was driving I would hear what sounded like a digital talk group (radio techs) but the XT would not stop and decode the transmission. So I would hear brief (1 second or less) bursts of audio and the XT would continue scanning.

I live near Mansfield where they use P25 encrypted and I know that even though the XT will not decode the audio it will hang on the frequency. I'm just wondering if any of the settings I'm using could be causing this problem. Thanks,

raisindot

Out of curiousity, can you tell me which control or alternate frequencies are the P25s and what the sys information is for it? You really can't tell in the RR MA state police page. I'd love to try to set a separate system just for these freqs in case they happen to not encrypt them every once in a while.

Suzie

ecps92

There is no seperate P25 System for the MSP

The Can Enable Encryption on any P25 Talk-Group

Out of curiousity, can you tell me which control or alternate frequencies are the P25s and what the sys information is for it? You really can't tell in the RR MA state police page. I'd love to try to set a separate system just for these freqs in case they happen to not encrypt them every once in a while.

Suzie

Stevenme

Feed Provider
The Tech's can run P25 and P25/Enc

Most likely you caught the P25/Enc traffic

I forgot to mention the specific TGID is 57648. Should the XT stop on P25 traffic and display ENC like it does on a conventional channel? What I hear is periodic bursts of garbled audio and the TGID will briefly flash in the display. It's very difficult to even hit Hold to lock on to the TGID it happens so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.