• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

P25 Phase-2 Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomChapman

In a P25 Phase-2 trunking system there are two TDMA voice slots per frequency. Are there any radios, Motorola or whoever, that allow you to program a fixed frequency and a fixed slot number so you can hear the audio on that slot. Kinda like conventional mode with a 2 slot digital twist.

Any scanners do this?

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Not that I am aware of in either case. That may be something that could be included in some RF test equipment as the technology rolls out.

TomChapman

3 years later.

I asked this question three years ago. I am still interested in this topic and in finding a radio that can monitor a single slot of a phase-2 P25 frequency.

Here is where I am going with this request:

Right now if I want to monitor a phase1-P25 trunking frequency and hear every call on that frequency, I can buy a P25 conventional radio and program it for that frequency. And this works.

What I want to do is the same thing, but with phase2-P25. My idea is to have two radios for a single frequency and program them with the same specific frequency, but program one radio to monitor slot 0 and other radio to monitor slot 1.

Are there any radios (or scanners) from any manufacturer that do this?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
No. Phase II is currently only a trunking feature and is not available on conventional channels.

About all you can do is run two instances of dsd+ and select the audio from each individual timeslot.

Status
Not open for further replies.