Pro-668: p25 phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansul1001

#1 Member
I am have trouble listening to Phase 2 on my pro 668 I have the control channel programmed in and a wild card set up and it wont follow the conversation just shows the channel freq and blinks no audio

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I am have trouble listening to Phase 2 on my pro 668 I have the control channel programmed in and a wild card set up and it wont follow the conversation just shows the channel freq and blinks no audio

You need to add all the voice channels too!

Joseph11

The PRO-668 does not require voice channels for P25 trunking. As a matter of fact, that will only cause issues.

ansul1001, can you link us to the system you're trying to listen to?

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
The PRO-668 does not require voice channels for P25 trunking. As a matter of fact, that will only cause issues.

ansul1001, can you link us to the system you're trying to listen to?

Are you sure? I was under the impression that phase 2 needed all channels programmed in, and phase 1 only needed the control channel. I have no problems monitoring all the phase 1 and 2 P25 systems here and that's how I have mine programmed.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
It only needs all for LTR not P25 as mine works the TACN system with only the control channels.

Thanks Buddrousa, I stand corrected! Like I said before, I have all my P25P1 and P2 systems programmed with all channels, should I remove them all but the control channels, and what about the secondary control channels, should I still leave them in?

ngel

P25 Phase II

On P25 Phase II systems you need to make sure the band plan is set to Auto Fill or it wont pick up the transmissions, it will just blink like you describe.

I have one scan list with all the frequencies programmed and 1 the control channels only. It did not matter which way you program it, only on P25 Phase II systems the band plan needs to be set to auto fill. It is not by default.

When programming on the computer software do the following
1. select your system in the trunked radio systems tab
2. go to trunked radio system site information below
3. select the site details tab
4. Highlight the site you want to monitor
5. select site options tab to the right
6. under trunking tables click the down arrow and select auto fill

Last edited:

Joseph11

In addition to that, if the system uses non-standard frequency steps, make sure FlexStep is enabled.

ansul1001

#1 Member
no matter what i do it will not follow the conversation just blinks the freq for a second no audio and then it is gone must be still doing something wrong where is the flex step setting

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
no matter what i do it will not follow the conversation just blinks the freq for a second no audio and then it is gone must be still doing something wrong where is the flex step setting

In the general settings tab, right side, Flexible frequency entry, Flex Step should be enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.