P25 Phase II and VIPER

Status
Not open for further replies.

zietus

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if VIPER is scheduled for the P25 Phase II TDMA conversion and if so when?

Thanks
Rob
KE4NPR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if VIPER is scheduled for the P25 Phase II TDMA conversion and if so when?

Thanks
Rob
KE4NPR

At this time VIPER is scheduled to migrate to P25 Phase 1 FDMA by sometime early next year.
P25 Phase II TDMA is not part of this upgrade process.
I would feel safe knowing that any scanner that can handle P25 Phase 1 FDMA will continue to work for VIPER for the foreseeable future.
Marshall KE4ZNR

zietus

Premium Subscriber
Thank you so much -- just purchased the BCD996XT -- while the BCD536HP looks great, didn't want to upgrade too soon :)

mhodgson

VIPER P25 Phase II Migration

As Marshall mentions, there are no immediate plans to migrate the VIPER system to Phase II. Our current target for Phase I migration is 30 June 2014 and at least initially we will remain at FDMA. I anticipate that our controller firmware level will rise to include other features such as ISSI 8000 and CSSI with those being our emphasis in the near future. Factors that will drive a Phase II transition are magnified with a statewide/large user base system since a) greater than 50% of the subscribers need to be equipped with a TDMA capable device and b) the system base station architecture (GTR8000) must be in place to accomodate TDM operation. Given that initially we are simply converting the current Quantar bases to P25 Phase I operation, it is safe to say that for a complete, statewide P25 Phase II rollout, you have plenty of time to get ready.

M

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
As Marshall mentions, there are no immediate plans to migrate the VIPER system to Phase II. Our current target for Phase I migration is 30 June 2014 and at least initially we will remain at FDMA. I anticipate that our controller firmware level will rise to include other features such as ISSI 8000 and CSSI with those being our emphasis in the near future. Factors that will drive a Phase II transition are magnified with a statewide/large user base system since a) greater than 50% of the subscribers need to be equipped with a TDMA capable device and b) the system base station architecture (GTR8000) must be in place to accomodate TDM operation. Given that initially we are simply converting the current Quantar bases to P25 Phase I operation, it is safe to say that for a complete, statewide P25 Phase II rollout, you have plenty of time to get ready.

M

And I am sure your neighbors :cool: look forward to the ISSI 8000 & CSSI implementation.

Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.