• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P7100 time problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

XboXC

Hi.
I have a Macom P7100IP radio (UHF 450-512) but i have a problem.

I programmed this radio successfully but in Edacs mode if i receive any call (in group or indv) my radio cutting it (sound) after a 4-5 sec then normally receive signal (for next 4-5 sec). I can't see any options for this.

This problem is in edacs only mode.

XboXC

I don't think so. This radio has only this features codes:
01 04 07 08 09 10 23

XboXC

Yes, but this is main problem. I checked all options in programmer but i can't find any function for fix this (i tested one by one and write config to radio, but nothing happen).

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
This is just in conventional EDACS without provoice, obviously. I'm wondering about your DSP and radio code versions. Please post your radio's firmware revisions.

It might just need an update with different firmware.

Perhaps the radio code and firmware pair that is in the radio has a compatibility issue.

To see what your firmware versions are, put the REVISION menu in your radio and use that menu to read out the versions on the display.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Yes, what are the firmware revisions in the radio?

J2R?????
&
F???????

Also, what revision of software are you using?

Is the personality programmed into the radio from a Master Copy, or something you read-out, and reused?

Finally, here is the feature breakdown from what you listed:

01 Conventional Priority Scan
04 EDACS Group Scan
07 EDACS/P25 Dynamic Regroup
08 EDACS/P25 Emergency
09 Type 99 Encode and Decode
10 Conventional Emergency
23 Narrow Band

XboXC

Ok, so this is revision of my hardware:
J2R11B01
F4R06M05

I've attached two images from properties of edacs and from radio maint.

My friend has identical radio and Ericsson Orion. But he tested, and if he reprogram orion to "wide" mode, then the orion has the same error. But P7100 is programmed to "narrow" mode (i use narrow edacs).

And i use version R18 of programmer.

Attachments

• prog.jpg
    prog.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 287
  • maint.jpg
    maint.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 281

XboXC

The problem probably is in the programmer R18B.
Macom P7100 has 23 feature (Narrow mode), but the programmer can't write "Low Data Polarity" option to radio, because it hasn't this function. Low data polarity is in Programmer R20 so i can't use this radio in edacs narrow with programmer R18. And i have next question.

Where I can find the R20 version of programmer? Or I find in other forum info - the P7100 can flash to jaguar 700P firmware and it will work fine with R18 programmer. So where I can find 700P fw?

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
ProGrammer 18 is the last version that doesn't require license key activation to install. Which is (allegedly) pretty secure and hard to get around.

Basically it's the highest version of ProGrammer you should ever need for a P7100 anyway. There's nothing a P7100 can do if programmed with a newer version of ProGrammer, or if programmed with any version of RPM, (which requires different firmware) that it can't do with ProGrammer 18 and the appropriate firmware.

XboXC

Hmm. If the programmer R18 can program this radio, so why this isn't work? I use that same PER file to programm MRK radio and it works. My friend find in other forum info - "The programmer R20 has new function in "General options" called Low data priority and this option must be checked if radio use edacs narrow mode". That info my friend get from other user in polish forum.
The R18 don't have this feature in general options. Maybe if reflash P7100 to oldest firmware then it work? Or maybe this flash (J2R11B01) is bugged?

And i have one question? What is it the ""CC limits" function in trunking set?

Last edited:

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
CC limit, as per the HELP feature in RPM, is:

CC Limits
This control indicates if the site will limit the number of channels that can be assigned as the control channel.

There is no reason for you to attempt to upgrade beyond Programmer 18. Which would be difficult without spending money.

Like I said earlier, installation of RPM 19 and higher, and every version of RPM, requires a license key that is unique to each computer.

Absolutely there is no question that RPM 18 fully supports narrowband EDACS trunking.

Your firmware supports it...I'm pretty sure.

There's got to be something you're missing.

I suggest making a new file with your existing trunked frequency sets and a new talkgroup set with ONE talkgroup in it. Default everything else and make the MINIMUM possible file and see if that file, with ONE (busy) talkgroup works correctly.

If it does, start adding features and more talkgroups a few at a time and test at each step along the way.

XboXC

I use the same file PER and R18B to program old Ericsson MRK and it's work good. Only problem is in P7100.

Status
Not open for further replies.