• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P7100ip channel lock problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

overtheair

I am literally at my wits end. I have a p7100 I have downgraded for use with programmer r20c. I did have an issue with the feature data but that has been resolved. I have programmed a p25 trunked system into the radio with 2 channels for testing. All I get is a CC Scan, which after reading up on the radio is not able to get a lock on the control channel.

So I did some testing to see if the radio can actually pick anything up by programming the frequencies themselves(p25 conv) aside the cc into a scan list and it picked up traffic very well. So next I made a single system with just the control channel itself to get the rssi/dbm levels. Right now its at -46 to -60 dmb with a RSSI of 45-49.

The help file, is really not to helpful on much except general information. Is there a specific threshold where the radio will get a lock on the cc? When I was looking at the tracking data the RSSI numbers are a bit misleading as listed below.

Strong 60 112 114 115 116 112
Mid 85 83 85 86 85 84
Weak 110 47 51 50 49 50

I know those settings are for the individual test channels, but they really do not make much sense to me. How could a strong signal be at 60, but along those different frequencies be higher, but at the weak be lower. Or am I missing something here. I actually switched the values of strong and weak for the test channels to see if that would change anything but it did not.

I am thinking this is an alignment issue, but at the same time I am getting a good signal from the cc. There is a EDACS system within 2 miles of me and I get the same issues of no cc lock. i am thinking its alignment, config on the trunk systems or an issue with the firmware.

Any help would be appreciated.

flash J2R11C02
DSP F8R06S03

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Well I'm not positive this is the issue, since you say it also happens on EDACS, but for the P25 system:
Make very sure your WACN, System ID, RFSS, Site ID and *SITE NAC* are correct. Unless you are using one of the "roaming" modes, like enhanced scan, all 5 MUST be correct or you will get CC Scan. Site NAC is automatically filled out in the programming software, but it very well may not be correct. Does it match the RRDB for that *SITE*? It's also possible the RRDB is wrong if you are using that for reference.
Try switching to enhanced system scan and see if it works. If so, then your NAC, RFSS or Site ID are wrong.

overtheair

I did recheck the dB and all that matches. But my ver of programmer does not have enhanced scan. I can pick up the edacs cc in conventional mode. I don't have a scanner to see how far off alignment it is but I do have a good idea on where it should be after adjusting the oscillator the last few days, but I am not entirely sure it's an alignment problem. I am not looking forward to programming the adjustments a couple hundred times till I get a lock :D .

overtheair

Have you tried loading DEFAULT TRACKING DATA into the radio?

Yes I'm using the Spartans of the tracking data from version 18 and load up 20b tonight and see if that helps. And on that note 18 does not have p25 trunking enabled so that maybe the whole problem. Hah

overtheair

I checked my notes and I have already used the two default tracking data files from r18 and r20. At this time it is using r20 v71-v73

Here is the current personality. Just two systems, one with durham, other with the edacs channel in conv mode I was using for adjusting the osilator. I can post images if you do not have programmer r20 installed

https://mega.nz/#!2P4AFCKK!I3ZXcN4Lld1ADW0Tkj5j9b7dWLJrYXgFkSYXC88hwFM

overtheair

Found my problem and I feel like a fool but at the same time I feel pretty good that I found it. I was using the siteid for the system nac instead of the actual system nac on the system info page on radio reference db. Thank you for the help guys.

You can close this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.