PA State Police difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnk1102

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having a problem getting PSP freq.s to work in my Pro 96 scanner. I use Win96 and after uploading to my scanner I only get parts of the conversation; ie. I may hear dispatch then nothing from a car, or vice versa. any help is appreciated. I'm a retired Phila. Police Officer, but new to scanner world. thanx., DAN

n3zra

The PSP VHF frequencies are in Half Duplex mode, the barracks transmits to the car on one frequency and the car transmits to the barracks on another. (example where I am at the barracks transmits at 154.665 and the cars transmits at 158.910) You will only hear the cars when they are in range of your setup.

You will need to program both frequencies in, and I suggest to not use a delay to catch both sides of the conversation, and enjoy it while it lasts as they are slowly switching over to the new Open Sky(R) system and we loose the ability to monitor them.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
dnk1102 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having a problem getting PSP freq.s to work in my Pro 96 scanner. I use Win96 and after uploading to my scanner I only get parts of the conversation; ie. I may hear dispatch then nothing from a car, or vice versa. any help is appreciated. I'm a retired Phila. Police Officer, but new to scanner world. thanx., DAN

Dan, following the example given to you in the previous message, you will need to program 155.670 for the comm center side and 155.910 for the cars. This is PSP Channel B which is used by PSP Philly patrol cars.

The Norristown CDC (regional comm center) also uses PSP "Mobile to Mobile" to talk to PSP Philly cars sometimes. This would be 154.755 (PL 186.2).

Not sure when PSP Philly is changing, but they will be moving over to the new statewide 800MHz system sometime. This system cannot be scanned so once they move, no more monitoring PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.