PA 700 MHz Air to Ground System

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
who is ID 1619?

Got any more to go on? We know what is posted in the database. Anything else is unknown or unsubmitted.

Sometimes, based on the voice traffic, you can figure out what channel it is.

PSP patrol stations always ID by name. So, if you heard one of the barracks repeatedly, this would likely be the dispatch channel for that station.

jeffm77

Premium Subscriber
No, unfortunately i don't. Had to much going on in the background, screaming kids, lol. I also noticed 63456 come up and they were talking about camera pictures and screens. Then the one guy said he was going to land. But i did hear them mention waynesburg which i think is in greene county. Been just scanning them for over an hour now and all is quiet.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
63xxx talkgroups I have seen in use seem to be patches between multiple groups. TG 1619 could have been a tac channel of some kind. Based on info I have seen, there are a number of statewide talkgroups in PSP profiles (PSP 1, PSP 2, PSP 3, ... to PSP 16). COuld have been one of those. The only one I have seen pop up on the air-ground system on this end of the state is PSP 1 which was used for the Farm Show a few years back...discussing video downlinks for monitoring traffic into and out of the area on the highways.

63xxx talkgroups I have seen in use seem to be patches between multiple groups. TG 1619 could have been a tac channel of some kind. Based on info I have seen, there are a number of statewide talkgroups in PSP profiles (PSP 1, PSP 2, PSP 3, ... to PSP 16). COuld have been one of those. The only one I have seen pop up on the air-ground system on this end of the state is PSP 1 which was used for the Farm Show a few years back...discussing video downlinks for monitoring traffic into and out of the area on the highways.

Patched talkgroups from the console. Our local Harris P25 System has patched talkgroups from the console also. But in the 65xxx talkgroups.

I know I asked before, but it sounds like there are even newer changes. I think my BC396xt is needing a replacement. I was looking for the BC325P2 to replace it. Use will mostly be in PA around Lancaster, chester, Delaware, York, adams, Lehigh, mont., berks counties. Will the BC325P2 be sufficient?

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
I know I asked before, but it sounds like there are even newer changes. I think my BC396xt is needing a replacement. I was looking for the BC325P2 to replace it. Use will mostly be in PA around Lancaster, chester, Delaware, York, adams, Lehigh, mont., berks counties. Will the BC325P2 be sufficient?

The BCD325P2 would be sufficient to do anything P25 but you also might want to consider the Whistler TRX1 that is coming out soon, it will do P25 and will also have DMR and NXDN capabilities.

radio3353

The BCD325P2 would be sufficient to do anything P25 but you also might want to consider the Whistler TRX1 that is coming out soon, it will do P25 and will also have DMR and NXDN capabilities.

The TRX-1 is shipping now, but it does not have NXDN capability yet. NXDN capability is a 'promised' future feature.

Heard PSP using TG 1616 . They were chasing someone in Homestead PA. on HarrisonCity ..
I played back all comms and didn't get much information.
This was a day that Bill Clinton was in town campaining for Hiliary. I think Trump was in town also.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately you can not hear the 700 mhz air to ground system that the state police aircraft primarily use all across the state due to the fact that the towers are located in the most densely populated areas of the state. The closest tower in the western side of the state is around the Pittsburgh area.

The state police are working on a new system and you should be able to hear them sometime in the future, how soon i don't know..

TG 1326 is Allegheny County - Heard Trooper 5 taking to Allegheny County about North Versailes. Allegheny County was trying to patch North Versailes PD for them to speak with Trooper 5. 07/17/2016 in evening approx. 6:30 pm until 7:30 pm
TG1326 submitted 07/18/2016
Thanks,
Brian

Last edited:

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
Unfortunately you can not hear the 700 mhz air to ground system that the state police aircraft primarily use all across the state due to the fact that the towers are located in the most densely populated areas of the state. The closest tower in the western side of the state is around the Pittsburgh area.

The state police are working on a new system and you should be able to hear them sometime in the future, how soon i don't know..

there is also a tower site in Franklin, Venango county as well

Status
Not open for further replies.