Pager Tone Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
In our county almost all of the fire pages come out on one channel. I am wanting to know if there is a way just to pick up one fire department tone. Instead of all of them coming through. Also, how do you find out what the tones frequency is.

Ian
BC92XLT

N9JIG

Sheriff
Do a Topic Search on the Uniden forum for Fire Tone Out, this topic has been discussed extensively there. There is also an article in the August 2006 Monitoring Times about this very topic.

In a nutshell there are several methods to find tones. The most accessible is to record the tone outs and decode them with audio software such as Audition.

If you let us know what department you are looking for we may already have the tone on file in the CARMA database.

As for receiving only your department's calls you can use a Uniden BC15, 996, 396 or 330 as a tone out receiver or purchase and outfit a Plectron, Reach, Motorola or other receiver with the proper tone and freqs.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
i_galbreath said:
In our county almost all of the fire pages come out on one channel. I am wanting to know if there is a way just to pick up one fire department tone. Instead of all of them coming through. Also, how do you find out what the tones frequency is.

Ian
BC92XLT
if you can record it to a wav or mp3 I can try to the tone reeds for you make sure they are clear where the stuff will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.