Pager Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro658

Communications Dispatcher
If you live in the Monmouth County area and need the tone out information for your department please send me a message and I will do my best to get you your tone out information.
Talk to you soon
Dave

MFR465

#1: This subject is very taboo around here, so be careful.

#2: Why would one need this information for "their own" department?

Pyro658

Communications Dispatcher
Well the reason I got the program to decode my pager was plain and simple. My squad issued pager comes in like crap when in the base. No matter where I locate my pager/base in my room, the reception sucks. So I decided to get the information from the pager so I could put it in my scanner which can decode it. My scanner recieves my dispatch much better then my pager. That is my reason for decoding it. Yes I have squad issued equipment, but I have poor reception. Another reason I could see is if you wanted to upgrade your pager because your squad won't, you get your own new pager and need the info for it. I don't understand what the big uproar is if there are scanners made to RECIEVE the tone outs. Whats the big deal. Thats my feeling on it.

SCPD

QRT
squad1321 said:
As it has been said in the past, PL Tones can be more dangerous than pager encoding tones, IMO.

Both are bad. With that being said, I have yet to hear a news report where someone was maliciously jamming public safety frequencies or even toneing out a fire co. or EMS squad with their radio.

If you're dumb enough to do something like that you deserve everything you have coming to you if you get caught. And usually they do get caught.

I think for the most part we have a good bunch of people across the state, and there are always a few exceptions. Like anything in life, if someone wants something bad enough they'll get it.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on a pager, just because of bad reception. If you're dept. won't fix it, shame on them. They need you more than you need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.