Panasonic Panasonic rf-b65d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yyeeed

Panasonic RF-B65D

If any one have this radio tell me how many hours the battery stay in it ? (The radio battery not clock and backup battery).

I want to know if the battery drain in my radio.

Thank you.

Boombox

I have an RF-B45, the B65's later cousin, and my RF-B45 is not terrific on batteries. Slightly different circuits from the RF-B65, though....

I have never measured the hours the batteries last on my RF-B45, but I have other, similar radios (Sangean brand SW radios) that have longer battery life (the Sangean 800A is an example).

I found a review of the RF-B65, and in a comment below the article a guy says that his RF-B65 "really went through batteries fast".

So maybe your radio is OK. It just uses batteries more than other radios do.

Here is the review. The comment I mention is at the bottom of the review:
https://swling.com/blog/2017/04/the...portable-with-a-cult-following-amongst-dxers/

Yyeeed

I'm using eneloop 2100 mah rechargable battery which power radio for about 18 hours

Boombox

I probably get 20 or so hours off of my RF-B45.

I have never measured it -- this is just a guess.

But I only use headphones.

If you use headphones only, you will get a lot more battery time from your radio.

Yyeeed

The problem is in the radio it is draining battery because when power is off it draining battery and 6v dc in not working perhaps it has short that made battery draining.

Any one had solution for this problem.

And thank you in advance.

Boombox

Any SW radio with a microprocessor and a clock is going to drain the battery a little even when the radio is off. The microprocessor and clock need power to work.

If your radio's batteries only last 18 hours if the radio is just sitting; yeah, there might be a problem with the radio.

RE: Rechargeable batteries: some do not put out the same amount of juice as standard batteries do.

It is possible your 6V adapter itself does not work. Have you tested it for voltage output?

Yyeeed

I found the problem , the problem is cleaning well the battery terminals and contact directly to the board.

after that the battery work for 32 hours continues.

Thank you

Boombox

I am glad to hear you got your RF-B65 working well.

I have read that it is an excellent radio.

If it is like my RF-B45, it probably is.

73 and good DX.

Yyeeed

I am glad to hear you got your RF-B65 working well.

I have read that it is an excellent radio.

If it is like my RF-B45, it probably is.

73 and good DX.

I have rf-b45 and have rf-b60 and sony 7600d, but rf-b65 is the best one i have got.

And thank you for your response. it is generosity from you and appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.