Paris Fire Dept. / Henry Co. Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki4gyw

Premium Subscriber
I wonder who does their work?
Paris Fire Chief Michael Williams said he had invested nearly $4,000 in repeaters so he could mount radio repeaters on two trucks, only to find the technology still didn’t work properly.
PARIS TN: 911 Board takes first step to countywide radio system | News | parispi.net

I'm glad I'm out of EMA and have given up on two-way, people who can't make stuff work are still milking the local government and WASTING tax dollars are never held accountable. Its so sad.

Last edited:

wxwarn285

[I'm glad I'm out of EMA and have given up on two-way, people who can't make stuff work are still milking the local government and WASTING tax dollars are never held accountable. Its so sad.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it is frustrating to see how ignorant some gov, emerg agencies are about radio comms. I have been with several non TARS volunteer fire departments and one of the things I've heard regularly were "All I know is I push this button and they can hear me" and that was from 5 to 10 year members.

The only Department I was with that was very knowledgeable about radio comms was the LaVergne Rescue Squad, some were even hams. All TARS units/squads seem to be pretty knowledgeable about radio communications which is very important.

Not trying to bash any dept, but that's what I have observed since 2009 time and time again.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
This is going to get interesting fast as Analog DMR and NXDN all 3 are used by the City of Paris. The Motorola TRBO is from West Tennessee Communications and the NXDN should be from Area Wide Communications. Area wide has started to get a grip on the County Wide Gibson CO system. Knowing both counties it is going to be about the same type setup to work for Henry County as it did in Gibson County. There are two things to look at is the Fire Department the only user or is there need for other agencies to use the system?
DMR 2 working channels per frequency.
NXDN 1 working channel per frequency.
6 to 8 linked towers and somebody giving up a current radio system. You have to provide Walkie Talkie coverage to Fire Fighters working inside a house fire (this is a must) Portable Repeaters work very well but you have to have training and enforce the radio use policies but if they change radio systems then it is still going to require training on the new system SOP's and see that all users follow the SOP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.