Banned
This was the 1st Statement Posted on the 22nd Dec 2018

Media Contact: Brian Hart,
(202) 418-0505
brian.hart@fcc.gov
For Immediate Release

FCC PLAN FOR THE PARTIAL GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN --
WASHINGTON, December 22, 2018—

Brian Hart, Director of the FCC’s Office of Media Relations, issued the following statement regarding the FCC’s plan for the partial government shutdown: “Because of available funding, the Federal Communications Commission plans to remain open and pay staff at least through the close of business on Wednesday, January 2, 2019, despite the partial government shutdown.”

### O
Office of Media Relations: (202) 418-0500 ASL
Videophone: (844) 432-2275
TTY: (888) 835-5322
Twitter: @FCC www.fcc.gov/media-relations

This is an unofficial announcement of Commission action.
Release of the full text of a Commission order constitutes official action.
See MCI v. FCC, 515 F.2d 385 (D.C. Cir. 1974)

I dont think that first post is true FCC December 2018 Plan for Orderly Shutdown Due to Lapse of Congressional Appropriations
it leaves out this whole section
"If a potential lapse in appropriations is imminent, the FCC will determine whether and for how long prior year funds are available to continue agency operations during a lapse. If prior year funds are available, employees will be notified that the FCC will remain open beyond a lapse and directed to report to work as usual until further notice. If the prior year funds are unavailable, or such funds are exhausted during the lapse in appropriations, the agency will furlough employees and take other actions in accordance with this plan." https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DOC-355628A1.pdf

nnjtechie

I'm new and was planning to go for my license February. What does this mean for us practically speaking?

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
I'm new and was planning to go for my license February. What does this mean for us practically speaking?

If your ham license, you can still go for it, as it is not the FCC that handles the tests. However, the VEC will not be able to submit that info to the FCC when you pass, nor will you be issued a license. If it's your first license, you will not be able to operate until it shows up in the system. If it is General or Extra, you just operate with /AG or /AE when exercising those privileges.

Any other license (i.e. GMRS, etc.) is just going to be delayed.

nnjtechie

If your ham license, you can still go for it, as it is not the FCC that handles the tests. However, the VEC will not be able to submit that info to the FCC when you pass, nor will you be issued a license. If it's your first license, you will not be able to operate until it shows up in the system. If it is General or Extra, you just operate with /AG or /AE when exercising those privileges.

Any other license (i.e. GMRS, etc.) is just going to be delayed.

Urgh. That's really unfortunate. Thanks for the info.

nd5y

Oh ok, I thought dealers could sell it or take pre-orders if they had approval.
Just because a certain product gets FCC certified on a certain date doesn't mean it is immediately available for sale on that date. It could be months before the manufacturer starts producing the product.

Last edited:

DJ11DLN

Just because a certain product gets FCC certified on a certain date doesn't mean it is immediately available for sale on that date. It could be months before the manufacturer starts producing the product.
Makes sense, it wouldn't be very smart to start producing a product until it had approval...the manufacturer could wind up with a lot of un-sellable stock.

ipfd320

Banned
The ULS is Working Fine Here--I Just Tried It & Its a New Set-Up--> FCC Universal Licensing System (ULS): ULS Home

Here is Part of the FCC Notice on Whats Still in Operation During the Shutdown

IMPACT OF POTENTIAL LAPSE IN FUNDING ON COMMISSION OPERATIONS
In the event of a continued partial lapse in federal government funding, the Commission will suspend most operations in the middle of the day on Thursday, January 3, 2019.

During a lapse in funding, the Network Outage Reporting System (NORS), the Disaster Information Reporting System (DIRS), the Public Safety Support Center (PSSC), the Licensing Management System (LMS), the Consolidated Database System (CDBS), the Electronic Comment Filing System (ECFS), the Universal Licensing System (ULS), the Electronic Document Management System (EDOCS), the Auctions Public Reporting System (PRS), the Auction Application System, the Auction Bidding System, the Daily Digest, and the Commission Online Registration System (CORES) will remain available. All other Commission electronic filing and database systems will be unavailable to the public until normal agency operations resume.

In addition, the Commission’s filing window and mail operations will be open only for the purpose of receiving filings related to the spectrum auction activities authorized by section 309(j) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, 47 U.S.C. § 309(j), including the broadcast incentive auction,3 and filings necessary for the protection of life and property. Content on the Commission’s website will remain accessible to the public, but will not be updated during the suspension of operations except as to matters related to spectrum auction activities authorized by section 309(j) and matters necessary for the protection of life and property

IF You Need to See the Whole Report its Here-> https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DA-19-10A1.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.