Passed the tech test !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Movieman990

Put a smile on my face as I signed the form after the test, so I added an exclamation point here !

Been "listening" for about a month and will enjoy that first acknowledged transmission soon on 2 meters.

Glad to join the ranks.

KM6UMU ...... uniform mike uniform (cool !)

K4EET

Chaplain
Ron KM6UMU,

Congratulations on getting your ticket to the ham bands! :) You have just joined a great hobby and a fantastic group of folks. Based on where you live, you should have a lot of hams nearby and quite a few repeaters to talk on. If any of us here at RR can answer any questions for you, don't hesitate to ask. Feel free to PM me anytime!

73, Dave Hamm K4EET

KD9KSO

Congratulations. Now you can talk too instead of passive listening.

I can highly recommend the Hustler G6 for your first 2-meter antenna.

RogueSteward

Gratz! It stinks just listening! After I got my license I think I was the 2nd person to check in on our morning net I was so excited :p

KC5AKB

Congratulations and welcome to the radio hobby
Yell if I can answer any qustions along with K4EET and others we are always happy to help or offer our thoughts.
You have found a hobby that wI'll mix with other hobbies and you will never run out of new stuff to learn.

Movieman990

Thanks to all for the congrats you sent. Small successes need to be celebrated like big ones.

I spend time each day listening .... and talking .... on a couple of traffic (both kinds) and info nets. I also continue to explore all the angles of the little HT I am currently using.

I initially wanted the HT as a safety net when hiking in case of needing help. The xyl and I are 74 and a sprained ankle on a 5 to 10 mile (RT) hike might require some outside help. NOW I am starting to see just the fun of talking to others in the ham world about any number of things.

Thanks again. 73 Ron

KC5AKB

Yes it is fun talking to others the more you use the radio
The more you will learn about height and where the repeaters are . What you can do to get a better signal .
Like holding the antenna vertically when talking adding a counter poise to the rubber duck .
Also known as a rat tail many years ago.
Also about what repeaters cover where .
Look around you might even find yourself helping with public events pradrades, runs, bike races ect
Where else can you learn and help folks?
Before long you will be helping the new people in the area
New folks learn what ham radio is to you while they
Help you learn.

LSMFT

Congrats!
I am in the same boat. Waiting for my call sign to show up on the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.