Password reset notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I received 48 password reset emails from RR yesterday between 5:52PM and 7:42PM:

Dear jonwienke (jonwienke@gmail.com)

You requested a password reset for your account with username: jonwienke

Please visit the following link to change your password for your account:

[link deleted]

Sincerely,

The RadioReference.com Admin Team

NOTE: If you did not make this request you can safely disregard this message.

if the link above does not work, paste this direct link in your browser:

[link deleted]
Please consider becoming a RadioReference.com Premium Subscriber. Premium subscribers enjoy additional access and features not available to general users. See http://www.radioreference.com/apps/subscription for more information.

I did not make any attempt to reset my password. Was there a system glitch of some kind, or is it reasonable to presume someone was trying to hack my RR account?

Does RR log the origination IP address for password reset requests, and if so, could someone please check to see if the IP address matches that of an individual who was (AFAIK temporarily) banned around that same timeframe?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Thank you. If there's any additional info I can provide that might be helpful, let me know.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Now up to 25 reset emails today, so whoever is doing this is currently or recently active.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I just got a password reset email -- first one I've ever gotten in my life from RR (outside of myself having done a password reset in the past).

Hmm.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Now that they have your email addy, be cautious of links inside official looking emails for all of your accounts. I had an ex friend sending gmail, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, apple, snapchat, etc official looking password reset "click here" emails to a personal address that I don't use for subscribing to those services. TT

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I've gotten a lot of phishing emails over the years, as well as Nigerian money laundering and apartment rental scams. I think my favorite one was a guy who claimed he wanted to rent a room and tried to send me a check and have me mail him cash. I scared him off by inquiring if he had any objections to performing animal sacrifices in occult rituals, or sleeping in a bed that happened to also be a stone altar. First time someone ever tried to do an exorcism on me via email...

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
No, but someone else evidently is.

Insanity can be defined as doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Last week I received email (2) from RR (supposedly) stating that so and so was advertising a product or software, ( don't remember just what it was ), that I was supposedly subscribing to. I figured it was some kind of spam that an intruder to RR was sending out to it's members. I tossed them out because it just didn't look right and I do not subscribe to anything.
In your case, I think it's more malevolent by a disgruntled (ex)member.
You've been a big help to a lot of the members here and hate to see crap like this happen.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I haven't gotten any more since Tuesday. I'll post back if I get any more.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Hard to do that if the individual(s) trying to fraudulently reset my password haven't been identified.

JSTARS03

Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Password Reset

I got 25 password reset emails today that I did not initiate at all
Strange
JSTARS

Status
Not open for further replies.