• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

PATH Railroad Ops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the frequencies for the Path train railroad operations? I was riding the train last week and overheard a conductor's radio and it was very active.

452.875R Channel P ? ?

160.47 Channel R1 Train Ops " Control " 107.2

161.04 Channel R2 Police Ops "Control " 107.2

161.46 Channel R3 Main. / Emergency 107.2

161.535 Channel R4 Car Main. / Yard Ops 107.2

This info from Scanner Master 7th Edition

N2ZGE

Geek NJ's info matches mine exactly. He is correct. However, the only operations I've ever heard on 452.875 are private taxi companies in NYC. In addition to that, on 452.325, is the Port Authority Bus Operations channel from the Port Authority terminal in NYC. I hope this clears things up.

SCANdal

Silent Key
N2ZGE,

Just to clarify, 452.325 (with PL 162.2) is New Jersey Transit's bus operations channel at the Port Authority Bus Terminal. It's not a Port Authority of NY & NJ frequency.

SCANdal

SCPD

SCANdal said:
N2ZGE,

Just to clarify, 452.325 (with PL 162.2) is New Jersey Transit's bus operations channel at the Port Authority Bus Terminal. It's not a Port Authority of NY & NJ frequency.

SCANdal
Would that be a frequency that Lakeland Bus would use? I thought it might be possible beacuse it is a NJT contracted route. I notice that the guy in the PABT who works for Lakeland has what looks like a CP model Motorola radio. But I don't know if that is just there low band freq.

As noted in previous threads, Lakeland Bus uses 49.04. Unless things have changed, the PABT Dispatcher transmits on 452.6625 which is a low powered simulcast of 49.04.

N2ZGE

Personally, I haven't heard Lakeland bus on 49.040 in several years. Do they actually still use that frequency? Anyone confirm hearing them recently? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.