• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Patrick AFB/CCAS Systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB2UZR

Hi All:

I have recently moved to Melbourne, and have been trying to monitor the PAFB/CCAS system on my 996T. I don't hear anything on the Cape Canaveral sites, but I do hear pretty strong control channel s on the Patrick site. I am just using the back of set antenna, haven't had a chance to do anything more elaborate yet (and anyway, no outside antennas allowed here, sigh, as I eye the attic with interest!) I have yet to hear anything on the PAFB system, any thoughts? I used the Butel program to grab the freqs from the databse here, I think everything is set correctly, but I am not too familiar with the digital stuff, although I have had other P25 systems in the 996 before.

Thanks!

Scott/WB2UZR

WouffHong

KSC SCanning

I put together a working 396T set of USD files for you at: http://a2g.net/KSC.ZIP and i think they will import into the 996T.. :) -- KSC/CCAFS could be a strain to reach from West Melbourne, though.. :-( - get a small UHF TV antenna and stick it up in the attic. -- .I was in a Cape Canaveral Condo and had to stick an outside 1/4-wave to get solid copy there! (I was streaming launches, etc., over the net)
Tom
Now in N. GA Moutains after 30 years at KSC. :)

WB2UZR said:
Hi All:

I have recently moved to Melbourne, and have been trying to monitor the PAFB/CCAS system on my 996T. I don't hear anything on the Cape Canaveral sites, but I do hear pretty strong control channel s on the Patrick site. I am just using the back of set antenna, haven't had a chance to do anything more elaborate yet (and anyway, no outside antennas allowed here, sigh, as I eye the attic with interest!) I have yet to hear anything on the PAFB system, any thoughts? I used the Butel program to grab the freqs from the databse here, I think everything is set correctly, but I am not too familiar with the digital stuff, although I have had other P25 systems in the 996 before.

Thanks!

Scott/WB2UZR

Last edited:

WB2UZR

Thanks Tom:

I'll take a look at that file. I am hearing a fairly good control channel, but maybe not enough oomph. As soon as I get un-buried from all the boxes, I will see if I can put my discone up in the attic, or maybe something directional, or a LP.

And I do miss that stream you used to provide! Very greatly appreciate your efforts!

Scott/WB2UZR

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
WB2UZR said:
And I do miss that stream you used to provide! Very greatly appreciate your efforts!

Scott/WB2UZR
If you can get KSC ops as good as he does - I think we could probably snag a scanner for you to put them online 24/7...

WB2UZR

It's a possibility. I will have to see how well I hear them. I'm much further away than Tom. Got lots to do here, as I've just moved in to a new home, but I will give an attic antenna a go, and see what happens.

Scott/WB2UZR

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Thanks - keep me updated... I am serious about wanting to hear the ops 24/7, ESPECIALLY during launch time, but even on a day-to-day basis with tests for Ares beginning over the next few months.

WB2UZR

Not yet, I guess, as I'm able to monitor the Patrick system with no problems. Some of the traffic is encrypted, most is not, at least since I've been monitoring. I can't copy the KSC system until I get a better antenna going.

Scott/WB2UZR

Status
Not open for further replies.