PCR AnyWhere ver 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ta3as

Hi,

A new version of PCR AnyWhere has just been delivered: it is PCR AnyWhere 2.0.

PCR AnyWhere is a software to remotely manage receivers of the type Icom IC-PCR and IC-R, and starting from this new version, it also allows local operation.

The software and the user manual are available for download at our new web site PCR AnyWhere - Home.

This new version contains a lot of improvements and new functionalities. The most important changes with respect to version 1.7 are the following:

- User friendly interface with the main functions of the Icom scanners
- user friendly setup and configuration utility
- Local or remote operation of the receivers
- Support to manage multiple receivers connected to the same PC
- Support to listen the activity on a receiver that is used by other
- Support of user profiles and scheduled access restrictions

We hope that you like it. Don't forget to leave your comments in the forum that we have created in the web site.

Your opinion is very important for us.

Regards,

jcarlos

If your com port is seen by Windows as a standard port, it should be detected on COM8.

Regards,
..JC

morfis

JC,

I've not tried the software yet but must compliment you on the documentation you have provided - first class

skywarrior

Premium Subscriber
Indeed the program looks great, however it seems that myself and others are having problems getting the program to run. It appears it is related to Java but the solution has not yet to be found. The author has been good about replying but as of yet no joy

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
It looks awesome but no P25 support so no deal for me. It would be nice to finally rid myself of ICOM's software since I don't think anyone else supports P25.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I should have been more specific. I mean support for conventional P25 operation. Radio ID's, TG's, etc.

WW2L

PCR AnyWhere

Indeed the program looks great, however it seems that myself and others are having problems getting the program to run. It appears it is related to Java but the solution has not yet to be found. The author has been good about replying but as of yet no joy

Hi Skywarrior,

Try to use it with Java 1.6 (my installation is update 20) and make sure that your Java installation is correct. I have 3 PC100 in SRD IF configuration for the Satellite work and PCR AnyWhere is managing my receivers. Last 6 months I didn't face any problem at all. Are you running on Windows or Linux box? If you can share your problems/symptoms/error messages may be i can help you to overcome your problems.

Nice job folks 5 stars.

Cheers,
73 de WW2L

icomham

Hi All!

I stumbled upon this forum while searching a software to control my PCR100.I wanna give a shot to pcr anywhere. I just wanna know if it supports the ftdi rs232 to usb converters?I have a rs232 to sub cable which has ft232r chip from FTDI.I hope I can use it. Thanks.

BA

skywarrior

Premium Subscriber
Hi Skywarrior,

Try to use it with Java 1.6 (my installation is update 20) and make sure that your Java installation is correct. I have 3 PC100 in SRD IF configuration for the Satellite work and PCR AnyWhere is managing my receivers. Last 6 months I didn't face any problem at all. Are you running on Windows or Linux box? If you can share your problems/symptoms/error messages may be i can help you to overcome your problems.

Nice job folks 5 stars.

Cheers,
73 de WW2L
Hi WW2L,
I am using 1.6 update 27, the installation is correct, in fact I totally deleted it and successfully reinstalled it. I am still unable to run the program, the radio turns on for a second or two and then shuts off - I have recently received no help from the author of the program. Since all other programs I have for the 100 & 1000 work great, I am about ready to forget this nonsense and move on. If you know work around that would be great. The program looks promising but obviously has some issues.

WW2L

Hi Skywarrior,

I have only PCR 100's here. I follow the instructions from the WEB page and I am recording some CubeSat passes here in New Jersey area, my setup has 3 receivers at least two passes every day and I didn't miss a single pass in at least last 5 to 6 mnts. Application is working for me like a charm. Can you tell me what is your OS? And do you have any Internet server installed your system other then Apache? May be you have some other piece of software trying to use RS232 connection (I believe some thing in your environment is trying to get control of the RS232 port). In my setup I am not using any USB to RS232 converter how about you is your ports also native RS232 ports ? I made a few mistakes at the installation my self because I didn't read the instructions. After I fixed my mistakes software start working and I didn't touch it after. My second and third installations was piece of cake. I suggest you to check your Apache log, port definitions and any application logs you can see in your system it may give you some clue.

I hope you can find what is wrong with your system and fix it it is really nice piece of software. Keep it posted, I love to help you if I can.

All the best,
WW2L

ta3as

Hi All!

I stumbled upon this forum while searching a software to control my PCR100.I wanna give a shot to pcr anywhere. I just wanna know if it supports the ftdi rs232 to usb converters?I have a rs232 to sub cable which has ft232r chip from FTDI.I hope I can use it. Thanks.

BA

Hi @icomham,
Yes, PCR AnyWhere supports FTDI chipset converters if you installed the drivers correctly.
You can use pcranywhere forum for further support too.
Regards,

TA3AS

jcarlos

Hi Skywarrior,

I wish you the best in your search of a good program to manage your receiver. I hope that you will check PCR AnyWhere out in the future.

If you still didn't completely give up, you can check the suggestion that I left you a couple of days ago in my forum.

Thanks,
..JC

skywarrior

Premium Subscriber
Hi Skywarrior,

I have only PCR 100's here. I follow the instructions from the WEB page and I am recording some CubeSat passes here in New Jersey area, my setup has 3 receivers at least two passes every day and I didn't miss a single pass in at least last 5 to 6 mnts. Application is working for me like a charm. Can you tell me what is your OS? And do you have any Internet server installed your system other then Apache? May be you have some other piece of software trying to use RS232 connection (I believe some thing in your environment is trying to get control of the RS232 port). In my setup I am not using any USB to RS232 converter how about you is your ports also native RS232 ports ? I made a few mistakes at the installation my self because I didn't read the instructions. After I fixed my mistakes software start working and I didn't touch it after. My second and third installations was piece of cake. I suggest you to check your Apache log, port definitions and any application logs you can see in your system it may give you some clue.

I hope you can find what is wrong with your system and fix it it is really nice piece of software. Keep it posted, I love to help you if I can.

All the best,
WW2L
WW2L,
Thanks for the reply:
I am using XP SP 3, I have no internet servers installed and am using direct RS232 connections, no converters - my system has no issues and runs everything else great. As the author has indicated in some posts, it would seem it has something to do with Java, what exactly I do not know. The program does connect to the radio but only for a split second. BTW, I have attempted to load the program on 2 other computers, also XP and still no joy

icomham

Hi @icomham,
Yes, PCR AnyWhere supports FTDI chipset converters if you installed the drivers correctly.
You can use pcranywhere forum for further support too.
Regards,

TA3AS

Ta3as thank you for your reply.I worked on pcranywhere this weekend and successfully managed to install on my macbook pro running windows 7.Works quite well and kudos for the excellent manual.it was really easy with the help of the manual. I will try on OS X Lion this weekend.I will let you guys know about the outcome.Great software guys thanks again for the great effort.

Regards,

BA

Status
Not open for further replies.