PEI Air Show pics from last weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrylcn

Hey guys,

Here's a few of the 500 or so pics I took last weekend at the air show in PEI. The static display was very very light on US aircraft (one Niagara ANG C-130) but the rest was so good I really didn't mind. And this is coming from a guy who prefers the ground display over the air portion of the show most times. The location, weather, pacing of the show, parking, washrooms, etc etc were all great in my opinion. Plus I got to put the new camera through its paces finally!:

USAF C-130 tail, the Falls (and the Canadian Falls at that :D was a neat touch):
img0311vj.jpg

Show bird. I actually got close enough to shoot this, the planes for the display were all placed right in front of the crowd, a few dozen feet away! Awesome paint scheme. I also uploaded the wrong shot to Image Shack, it's missing part of the Sidewinder rail:
img0316mh.jpg

Aerobatic display:
img0324e.jpg

Harvard in the vertical:
img0352yu.jpg

This guy had a ride in the back of this CF-18. Apparently there's video on the net of the ride but I haven't found it:
img0371rj.jpg

Canadian C-130:
img0383sl.jpg

F-86 with the 'A/C' on:
img0415eu.jpg

Hornet turn:
img0432wf.jpg

Lucky sucker came back for a pass before the landing:
img0446wp.jpg

Skyhawks:
img0487dv.jpg

Cormorant with some manual setting rotor blur:
img0537yx.jpg

And again with the Herc in the bacground during the SAR display:
img0591k.jpg

It was all vapes, all the time! Even the Heritage Flight had it streaming from the wingtips of the CF-18 that was tooling along beside the P-51. Passes like this had lots of vapour:
img0657s.jpg

Knife edge pass:
img0670x.jpg

In burner after the dirty pass with gear, hook and IFR probe extended:
img0690d.jpg

Smokin!:
img0736pf.jpg

I think this is my favourite shot. The full sized one is crazy. There's vapour everywhere! The lightning fast focus of the cam was the only reason I captured this one, it was a surprise pass from behind the crowd.
image1tia.jpg

Last edited:

hfxChris

Database Admin
I had been planning on making the trek out there this year, but my plans fell apart at the last moment.
Glad to see it was such a beautiful weekend! Hope there are more pics coming of the ground displays... :wink:

darrylcn

It was great Chris. I have a few of the static display but there wasn't much. The Blue Angels 2012 schedule is out on their site and lists Summerside as a stop, FYI :D

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
These pix were great - but let's not forget about the other side of the coin - the frequencies and any trunked system activity???.

Once these are captured in our wiki, they can be had for next year. At least some of the freqs are likely to be reused next year...best regards..Mike

darrylcn

Good point Mike, unfortunately I used the DB here to help set up my PEI stuff. I can confirm it worked though at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.