Pelee Island Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosco836

Just wondering who dispatches Pelee Island Fire and what frequency they're on. Can't seem to find this information anywhere in the database.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
TAFL shows 154.0700 (OFM Frequency) and 164.0850. I'm guessing they are likely dispatched by Windsor, or it could be local on the island. Heck, in an area that small they might just use a siren off the fire hall sorta thing....

tilt404

Not sure exactly since I don't seem to hear much form the island, but Windsor Fire Dispatch sends out most dispatches for fire out that way on:

153.77000 XJH397 BM 123.0 PL EFRS - Disp Fire and Rescue Service - Dispatch

or

469.93750 XJH397 BM 123.0 PL EFRS-DispUHF Fire and Rescue Service - Dispatch - UHF Link

Kingsville is dispatched by LaSalle I believe on

159.27000 XJF355 BM 156.7 PL KFD Ch.1 Fire - Ch. 1 Dispatch FM Fire Dispatch

Found here:

Essex County, Ontario (ON) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

confusing though around here. then there's this trbo system on top of all that confusion:

Essex County Fire Trunking System, Windsor, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

154.070 also shows on the tafl as belonging to windsor fire too but never hear them on it. did see my scanner stop on it recently though but nothing heard. very true forts, so small here yet so many systems, makes little sense to me. too many systems, P25, sim, trbo... if there's every a big disaster here I don't know how they are going to get organized.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
then there's this trbo system on top of all that confusion:

Essex County Fire Trunking System, Windsor, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

That's an LTR Passport system not TRBO unless something has changed and it hasn't been submitted to the database.

154.070 also shows on the tafl as belonging to windsor fire too but never hear them on it. did see my scanner stop on it recently though but nothing heard. very true forts, so small here yet so many systems, makes little sense to me. too many systems, P25, sim, trbo... if there's every a big disaster here I don't know how they are going to get organized.

154.070Mhz is the Ontario Fire Marshall channel which every fire department on VHF has in their radio. If they're on another band, they usually have a link from their system to it.

In case of a big disaster, agencies would work together using this frequency.

tilt404

Sorry mike, yes LTR just still one of those I can't scan so easily so sometimes I think or call it trbo in my head. I can scan it easier than trbo though thankfully. I just meant for a small county here there are a lot of different things going on and I often wonder why. Especially when good old VHF works so well here. I can talk on my ham radio handheld from where I live which is on the river on the west end of the county, to the other side of essex county on a half watt and the land is so flat. I'm no radio expert though, but like to think sometimes that if it ain't broke, why fix it.

mciupa

Database Admin
Just wondering who dispatches Pelee Island Fire and what frequency they're on. Can't seem to find this information anywhere in the database.

While I was doing an unrelated License Search in Industry Canada, I happened to look up the page and see this entry on the same page.

Code:
164.085000 154.010000 6 PELEE ISLAND ONT AREA PELEE ISLAND FIRE DEPARTMENT

First frequency is the repeater input and second is the one for your scanner. I see it is the same frequency as Leamington, but may use a different tone.

Please give it a try, they may do radio checks and if it checks out, I'll add it to the database. :)

tilt404

I often hear leamington fire on the input better than the output for some reason, from windsor so I keep both in. i'm not sure of the power they use on the island. i pick up leamington fine so should pick up the island i think, but all depends on their antenna and power. I think they likely communicate with leamington but not positive. I wish more people would help in this county to sort out frequencies.

164.085mhz 156.7pl Tx (input)

154.01 156.7pl Rx (output)

They are closest to pelee island and might share fire frequencies. The 154.01 is common for leamington, kingsville, essex, and many more fire in ontario. It's still hard for me to remember who dispatches leamington, if its local, lasalle or windsor. Like I said before, so confusing here in essex county. I will try to make note more and keep my audio recordings so I can go back to them and verify. Thought I even heard recently leamington fire might go trbo which is just a rumor, but that would add yet another system to the mix here. I still don't understand the confusion and mix of frequencies in use for such a small area.

papillon

Tilt, I think you meant 154.070 is used by everyone. Like Mike says it's the Fire Marshall's channel & is used as a "common frequency" in large disasters. I believe Leamington is the only one in the area that's active on 154.010 (except for some MPSCS paging using tone 123.0) Also as Forts mentioned , Pelee Island is so small that if they had a major problem, Leamington FD would probably have to ferry over there. So it makes sense that Pelee would use the same frequency. Lasalle use to dispatch for Leamington but now I believe only dispatches Lasalle & Kingsville. Windsor FD dispatches the rest of the county.

tilt404

Well, 154.01 is common also if you search the tafl. Used by many fire depts in ontario but 154.07 is used by even more from searching. I heard Lasalle talking to leamington last night during a fire when they asked to dispatch kingsville units but not sure if the original dispatch came from them. Every time there's a fire like last night I get confused who is dispatching who.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
154.070mhz is the common channel for all departments in Ontario.

154.010Mhz is a local use channel only. It might be used by a lot of departments but its not a common channel for the province.

In this area, Midland uses it for paging but nobody else uses it. Next closest to me would be the rural departments in Waterloo Region.

oldsailor56

Premium Subscriber
I have never heard anything from the Island, I live in Kingsville, hace an outside ant. 30' up.....next time I talk to someone from the island I'll ask.

papillon

Leamington conitinues to be dispatched be Lasalle.

You're right. I also found out that when Leamington called for mutual aid from Kingsville , they (Kingsville) were told to switch to the Leamington channel. Lmgtn units were then giving direction to the Kingsvll units, so they're interoperable.
Thanks

lwiltenb

Feed Provider
Lasalle dispatches the following FD's:
- Leamington on 154.01 MHz (paging and Ops)
- Kingsville (North and South) on 159.27 MHz (paging and Ops)
- Lasalle (duh) - unknown Ops

Windsor Fire dispatches the following FD's
- Windsor (duh) - ops on Windsor Trunking
- Amherstburg (3 stations) - paging on 153.77, I don't know Ops
- Tecumseh (2 stations) - paging on 153.77, Ops I believe on Essex Co. LTR Passport system
- Lakeshore (5 stations) - paging on 153.77, Ops on Essex Co. LTR
- Essex (2 stations) - paging on 153.77, Ops on Essex Co. LTR

The only outstanding question is still the one about Pelee Island. I suspect it would be either Windsor or Lasalle since they are the only two taking care of Essex County.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
A little followup on this... One of the members of my department is out at Pt. Pelee this weekend and she stopped by the hall there to have a chat. They have a small volunteer department of 8 to 10 members and they are dispatched by Windsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.