Pembroke police outsourcing dispatchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering???? Does the Pembroke Police Service dispatch for the Pembroke Fire Dept? If not who does??

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Pembroke PD used to dispatch for Pembroke Fire but about 5 years ago maybe more all fire in the county moved over to Renfrew CACC for dispatching/paging.

PPD can talk to PFD and can page if needed.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
"During a special meeting of the Pembroke Police Services Board held late Monday afternoon, its members unanimously passed a motion to begin the process of entering into an agreement with the Owen Sound Police Service to provide dispatching services through their communications centre. "

What the hell? Does this mean someone all the ways down in Owen Sound will be dispatching for Pembroke PD? Wow, that's a little odd. I'd almost rather Smiths Falls to do the dispatching atleast they're in Eastern Ontario.

Well that's going to be odd not hearing the normal 5 dispatchers I think they currently have.

I wonder how that will work phone patch? Something over fleetnet?

Pembroke police outsourcing dispatchers - The Daily Observer - Ontario, CA

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
"During a special meeting of the Pembroke Police Services Board held late Monday afternoon, its members unanimously passed a motion to begin the process of entering into an agreement with the Owen Sound Police Service to provide dispatching services through their communications centre. "

What the hell? Does this mean someone all the ways down in Owen Sound will be dispatching for Pembroke PD? Wow, that's a little odd. I'd almost rather Smiths Falls to do the dispatching atleast they're in Eastern Ontario.

I suspect by next summer Pembroke will be under the OPP and on Fleetnet. Gonna be a lot of pissed off scanner owners around who still have really really old ones.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
My apologies Mr Webstar22.

That comment was directed to all those who wear the running naked guy on their hat badge.

velokx versuhtus vygylanz

Still not sure what you are talking about. I'd make a bet others have no idea as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.