Peoria County Illinois ETSB (P25) ( Need Updates )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replying to thread

Hello I wanted to know if anybody can provide updates on the Peoria County system on here like talkgroups control channels and anything else that happens with the system. Thank you.

Could someone tell me when the system is online and going with testing of new talkgroups.

Could I have some more talkgroup information and control channel information on this system. I dont know why everybody quit replying with new info.

Thank you
Anthony Lee

shadcall

The site has this note:

9/24/13 - 851.125 is a possible control channel for this system.

Since it is not up and running talkgroups are probably not available and have not been assigned. You will just have to wait until then.

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
I am sorry it was a typo I meant the XTS5000 700-800MHz. I don't know how to program an Motorola APX7000 for P25 systems. I dont have an APX I have an XTS. Again very sorry for the confusion.

Anthony Lee

In order to program your radio for a P-25 system, it will have to be programmed with the proper system key by the administrator of the system. If you are for real, have a capable radio and will be authorized to operate on this system you should talk with your radio tech. If not, your XTS is just a fancy brick- having control channel information and talk group numbers aren't going to help you.

Peoria P25

Does anybody know if Peoria will go conventional P25 instead of the system because the fire has the Harris P7100IP. I assume it is VHF and not VHF/700-800MHz.

Thank you
Anthony Lee

kraziebill

They've been doing a lot of testing this past week. I've actually picked up the control channel on several different freqs.

introbility between other agencies

When are cops go digital there won't be any introbility between other agencies because they are not in digital.The only county in digital is Knox county.Tazewell County has there EDACS system.The rest are UHF analog.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
12/17/13 - pro96com run on site from Morton area.
851.125 control channel with all other channels showing as alternates.

NAC has been identified as 00A, same as the system ID. WACN 92793

No Talkgroup traffic was heard.

852.2 was transmitting at one point, just a carrier, P25 N00A, WACN 92793

Shown as C4FM Phase 1. No neighboring sites

Group Affiliation/Data/Voice - "Available"
Individual Data/Voice - "Available"
Unit Registration - "Available"

JFDoering

Police Interoperability

There is interoperability built into the communications plans of the various law enforcement agencies in Peoria County. The new Harris P25 system is one part of those plans. When the total conversion is made from the legacy systems to the new 800 system, police agencies, including officers on the street, will have more interoperability capabilities than they have now.

We are in the testing and optimizing period for this new system. Many fire apparatus have the new radios installed, but not programmed.

Be patient, this is not a fast process.

jcook11

Feed Provider
12/17/13 - pro96com run on site from Morton area.
851.125 control channel with all other channels showing as alternates.

NAC has been identified as 00A, same as the system ID. WACN 92793

No Talkgroup traffic was heard.

852.2 was transmitting at one point, just a carrier, P25 N00A, WACN 92793

Shown as C4FM Phase 1. No neighboring sites

Group Affiliation/Data/Voice - "Available"
Individual Data/Voice - "Available"
Unit Registration - "Available"

What decode rate did you get in Morton at the time? It appears listening is going to be a challenge from outside of Peoria Co. due to simulcast distortion. The decode rate is terrible in the Washington area. The voice channels sound pretty decent sometimes, but my PSR 500 can't lock onto the control channel data for very long. The distortion is much worse than what I get from the Peoria Starcom21 simulcast system.

Status
Not open for further replies.