- Dec 19, 2002
- San Diego County, California
It was parked in Oceanside on Monday Aug 1, 2011
It was parked in Escondido on Tuesday Aug 2, 2011
It's in Riverside county area on Wednesday Aug 3, 2011
CHP is escorting doing the trip.
466.2125 - DCS 311 (Main channel) - [Heard/Confirmed doing the Escondido-Riverside move]
464.3375 - DCS 245 - (AUX Channel?) [Heard/Confirmed doing the Escondido-Riverside move]
Perkins Specialized Transportation Contracting
* The 399-foot transport truck carrying a 380 ton low-level radioactive steam generator from the San Onofre nuclear power plant to Utah
* A nuclear steam generator is slowly making its way across North County on a top-secret route from San Onofre to Utah, where it will be disposed of.
* Haul a lightly contaminated 750,000-pound piece of the plant's old steam generator
* The generator piece is painted with a thick coat of blue to prevent pieces of steel from chipping or flaking off.
* Three semi-trucks will haul the carriage—one in front and two in the back—at 15 mph. The journey to the dump site in Utah is expected to take three weeks.
* Fortunately, with 192 tires and 48 axles, the Perkins trailer is up to the task.
* Officials say that the radiation levels are small enough that standing next to it for an hour would be less exposure than getting dental x-rays.
Nuclear Steam Generator Transporter Heads East
Truck with radioactive load stops again - Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at 1:14 p.m.
Perkins Specialized Transportation Continues Its Cross-Country Trek
Nuclear junk to move through Victorville on 400-foot-long truck
Costs of nuclear energy in Utah
YouTube Video -