Pgm Psr-500

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
I PGM all of my control-ch in the scanner for waco police.And i get all of my ID tags. But than i PGM all of the East Texas Medical control-ch in the same scan list but i dont ge the East Texas IDs.Can some help me.

DickH

JRR4607 said:
I PGM all of my control-ch in the scanner for waco police.And i get all of my ID tags. But than i PGM all of the East Texas Medical control-ch in the same scan list but i dont ge the East Texas IDs.Can some help me.

You don't put control channels into Scan Lists. Scan Lists only function after the freqs. have been entered.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
DickH said:
You don't put control channels into Scan Lists. Scan Lists only function after the freqs. have been entered.
Ok i meant in the TSYS.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
JRR4607 said:
Ok i meant in the TSYS.

It sounds like you're trying to combine the Waco/McLennan County TRS with the Eastern Texas Medical Center TRS (which are two separate systems) in a single TSYS.

Two issues:

1 - Why not put each system in its own separate TSYS object? Unlike the PRO96, the PSR500 does not limit you to one trunked system per bank. So there's no point in trying to make CC's from different systems bunk together like some folks did on the '96.

You can have Waco in one TSYS and ETMC in another TSYS and still put the talkgroups in any scanlist you like. This is the best solution to your dilemma, if I understand it correctly.

2 - If for some reason you feel the need to keep CC's from both systems in the same TSYS object, you need to be aware that your TSYS doesn't know or expect to be handling more than one system, and may choose to monitor the CC it likes best, while largely ignoring the other. From what you said in your initial post, your TSYS seems to like the Waco system better than it likes the ETMC system (or it's misreading some ETMC TG ID's as Waco PD TG ID's. (see below) If your systems had no identical TG ID's you could set your TSYS for Multisite 'Stat' mode, which would check more than one active CC, but your systems are not compatible. (explained below)

Another problem for you is the fact that Waco and ETMC use many of the same TG ID's and that makes them very, very bad roommates in the same TSYS. For example, if your radio brings up TG 112 while on the Waco CC, it's the Waco PD warrant channel. That same ID on the ETMC CC would be the hospital's ER CALL talkgroup...but your radio would show you the ID from the Waco PD warrant channel. When two systems live in the same TSYS, your radio doesn't know which TG 112 it is.

Solution #1 should fix you up. Create a new TSYS for ETMC and move your ETMC TG's to that TSYS. You can do it from edit mode on the radio, or you can cut and paste them in a software package.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
n4jri said:
It sounds like you're trying to combine the Waco/McLennan County TRS with the Eastern Texas Medical Center TRS (which are two separate systems) in a single TSYS.

Two issues:

1 - Why not put each system in its own separate TSYS object? Unlike the PRO96, the PSR500 does not limit you to one trunked system per bank. So there's no point in trying to make CC's from different systems bunk together like some folks did on the '96.

You can have Waco in one TSYS and ETMC in another TSYS and still put the talkgroups in any scanlist you like. This is the best solution to your dilemma, if I understand it correctly.

2 - If for some reason you feel the need to keep CC's from both systems in the same TSYS object, you need to be aware that your TSYS doesn't know or expect to be handling more than one system, and may choose to monitor the CC it likes best, while largely ignoring the other. From what you said in your initial post, your TSYS seems to like the Waco system better than it likes the ETMC system (or it's misreading some ETMC TG ID's as Waco PD TG ID's. (see below) If your systems had no identical TG ID's you could set your TSYS for Multisite 'Stat' mode, which would check more than one active CC, but your systems are not compatible. (explained below)

Another problem for you is the fact that Waco and ETMC use many of the same TG ID's and that makes them very, very bad roommates in the same TSYS. For example, if your radio brings up TG 112 while on the Waco CC, it's the Waco PD warrant channel. That same ID on the ETMC CC would be the hospital's ER CALL talkgroup...but your radio would show you the ID from the Waco PD warrant channel. When two systems live in the same TSYS, your radio doesn't know which TG 112 it is.

Solution #1 should fix you up. Create a new TSYS for ETMC and move your ETMC TG's to that TSYS. You can do it from edit mode on the radio, or you can cut and paste them in a software package.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

What i did was put the ETMC in the same TSYS and it didn't work.Ok what Ill do is create a new TSYS for ETMC. And see what happens.Thank's for tha help.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
Help With Tsys

JRR4607 said:
What i did was put the ETMC in the same TSYS and it didn't work.Ok what Ill do is create a new TSYS for ETMC. And see what happens.Thank's for tha help.

When i pgm TSYS, i will get all my id's. When i get my id's, i press store. it stores it. Then i go back to get id's and put them in a scan list, thay will scan properly in a scan list, but if i manually put id's into a scan list, i cannot hear them on the original TSYS that i created. the only ones that i hear are the ones that i press store on. The ones that i put in manually are the ones i do not hear at all. only in the scan list that i create for it.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
JRR4607 said:
When i pgm TSYS, i will get all my id's. When i get my id's, i press store. it stores it. Then i go back to get id's and put them in a scan list, thay will scan properly in a scan list, but if i manually put id's into a scan list, i cannot hear them on the original TSYS that i created. the only ones that i hear are the ones that i press store on. The ones that i put in manually are the ones i do not hear at all. only in the scan list that i create for it.

When you manually enter TG's are you making sure that you see the appropriate system name on the screen to the right of TSYS? If not, scroll through the system names with your L/R arrow keys until you find the name of the system you want the TG to be associated with.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
n4jri said:
When you manually enter TG's are you making sure that you see the appropriate system name on the screen to the right of TSYS? If not, scroll through the system names with your L/R arrow keys until you find the name of the system you want the TG to be associated with.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

YES I DID AND IT DOES NOT WORK.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I think you also have to move the "asterisk" * to the proper SL also??....

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Just spoke with JRR4607 and here's what we arrived at:

He is saving Wildcard hits to SL#1 and hand-entering known TG's to SL#11 along with some other objects. He wants to be able to listen to his wildcard SL#1 without having to miss TG's that would be locked out if he were to turn off SL#11. (He doesn't want to keep SL#11 going, because he wants to stick with his trunk and not listen to the other stuff he has on that SL)

Solution #1 - Just as Ron said, his items on SL#11 are not on SL#1, so he can remedy this by editing each TG to be on both SL#1 and SL#11. (pressing 'enter' to make the asterisk appear)

Solution #2 - If having the Wildcard be truly wide open is the goal, he can go into his global settings menu (PGM-GLOB) and scroll down the next-to-last item on the list, TGIgnore. If TGignore = Yes, the Wildcard ignores any TG's that are stored in a disabled scanlist. If TGignore = No, the Wildcard is open and will pick up anything that takes place on the CC.

He also has issues with how his computer displays Win500, which I can't help him with. Anybody out there having similar problems? This is the second person that I've run into with that issue.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

mikey60

n4jri said:
He also has issues with how his computer displays Win500, which I can't help him with. Anybody out there having similar problems? This is the second person that I've run into with that issue.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

I can't speak to Win500, but I know I've received a few comments about PSREdit when the person is using a screen resolution other than 96DPI (Most are using 120DPI). It could possibly be related to that...

Mike

skip21

Premium Subscriber
mikey60 said:
Originally Posted by n4jri

73/Allen (N4JRI)

I can't speak to Win500, but I know I've received a few comments about PSREdit when the person is using a screen resolution other than 96DPI (Most are using 120DPI). It could possibly be related to that...

Mike

I have display issues with Win500 too. Running 2 notebooks at 1024x768, 32bit, 96DPI The bottom portions of the Field Names are cut off.
Look:

Attachments

• pic1.gif
    pic1.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 220
  • pic2.gif
    pic2.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 227
  • pic3.gif
    pic3.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 213

TES

n4jri said:
. . . He also has issues with how his computer displays Win500, which I can't help him with. Anybody out there having similar problems? This is the second person that I've run into with that issue.
A post in the Official Starrsoft WIN500 Software Thread in the Scanning Software Discussion and Support forum detailing the problem might be useful.

skip21 said:
I have display issues with Win500 too. Running 2 notebooks at 1024x768, 32bit, 96DPI The bottom portions of the Field Names are cut off.
Look:
Sounds like something I had ran into.

What happens when you select Configuration>User Interface and increase List Row Height in Win500?

skip21

Premium Subscriber
TES said:
A post in the Official Starrsoft WIN500 Software Thread in the Scanning Software Discussion and Support forum detailing the problem might be useful.

Sounds like something I had ran into.

What happens when you select Configuration>User Interface and increase List Row Height in Win500?

Wow TES, I changed it to 20 and its fixed! I wasn't even aware of this setting because when I seen this problem I just decided not to investigate.

Thanks!!

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
That's great. I hope our man in Waco is reading the mail on this, because this sounds like what he was describing.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
n4jri said:
That's great. I hope our man in Waco is reading the mail on this, because this sounds like what he was describing.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Yes just got on and read this yes it work. thank's to all of yall for helping me with this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.