Philadelphia Taxi Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillydjdan

Wow, ya know, if the right people found out about this I bet it would come to a screeching halt REAL quick!

pyledriver

Already contacted someone in local news media, which is why I was asking so many questions. They told me to listen for it again. Haven't heard since Friday. If anyone hears anything like that, post the time and frequency here.

Steveradio

If you feel they are in FCC violation contact the FCC Office, one down in Philly. They took care of a unlicensed operator up here in the Poconos for me pretty quick.

phillydjdan

Love to. Problem is I can't find an email address to email them...

Sent using Android ForumReader app

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
Ya know if all of you are gonna play super snoop for the news media about cab drivers make sure you tell the whole story. It is the parking authority's vendor who is responsible for fixing the credit card machines in the cabs except when you go there they tell you that they can't do it for 2 or 3 days so what is a driver to do not work or feed his family? They can fine you for refusing a credit card or for not having a working machine even though there vendor can't fix the machines for days at a time and not every dispatcher can manually run credit cards from their office. Or how about we discuss the panic buttons that don't work that have gotten cab drivers hurt even almost killed. Or the fact that the cameras they want to put in for security for drivers will also be used to spy on drivers for more reasons to unfairly write them tickets. Oh and these great cameras the cab owners have to pay for which means they raise the lease on the drivers who already are working to pay their bills with little profits due to the cost of gas and medical insurance since we are self employed and have no insurance through the cab owners i mean if there gonna use the cameras to spy on us they can at least pay for them. ONCE AGAIN IF YOUR GONNA PLAY SUPER SPY FOR THE MEDIA HOW ABOUT YOU LEARN THE WHOLE DAMM STORY.

JoeyC

Sounds like more of an issue for the news media to expose than for the FCC (unless the station is unlicensed). Don't think there is anything illegal about voicing credit card numbers despite being a very poor practice.

phillydjdan

When I implied I wanted to contact the FCC, I was implying I wanted to report the pirate operations, not the credit card issue.

Cap, I feel your pain. If I were the one taking the card issue to the media, I would certainly add your point of view, as that issue appears to be compounded by the Parking Authority. I know how city beaurocracy can work. I just moved out of Philly because of the way the city does business. Clearly the media needs to be knocking on PPA's door about that issue.

pyledriver

Obviously noted re: cap's point of view. If I hear anything again, it will be in my tip to them.

captaincab

Djdan you got no idea brother that is only the half of it.

When I implied I wanted to contact the FCC, I was implying I wanted to report the pirate operations, not the credit card issue.

Cap, I feel your pain. If I were the one taking the card issue to the media, I would certainly add your point of view, as that issue appears to be compounded by the Parking Authority. I know how city beaurocracy can work. I just moved out of Philly because of the way the city does business. Clearly the media needs to be knocking on PPA's door about that issue.

pyledriver

Cap: No problem. I apologize if I made it seem like I was going "after cabbies". Figured it was a PPA thing. I haven't heard anything lately but when I do, I'll be contacting you for your contact's info. Thanks.

Septa3371CSX1

I've noticed a few things recently. It appears Olde City, Philadelphia Coach Comms, and probably a few others have gone out of business. It also appears some cab companies may not be using radio communications anymore.

There is a medallion cab company using the Sunshine Roxborough system with 0-16-005 as base and 0-16-006 as mobiles. One of the cabs is P-959 - I'll try to keep an eye out for it to identify the company. Also P-081, 1183, and 1282 as well.

Appears to be another cab company on home channel 12 of the Sunshine system. Base is 0-12-030 with mobiles 0-12-034 and 0-12-055 (I'd guess the mobile range is 0-12-031-0-12-060).

Capital Dispatch appears to be no more - haven't seen their cars or any activity on their single channel LTR.

Liberty Cab is still around and their single channel LTR is active but haven't caught any activity other than the system status messages.

All City Taxi is still around but not using the Sunshine system anymore - I'm guessing they've gone to MDT dispatch.

Victory Taxi (the red ones) doesn't appear to be around anymore - haven't seen any of their cars in a while and no activity on their radio channel. Not sure about their town car division.

Don't have radio assignments for Yellow Cab (215-333-3133 number), Checker Cab, 215-GET-A-CAB, or Freedom Taxi. I'm guessing these may be some of the mystery ones on the Sunshine system. If anyone can fill in the blanks please chime in.

w2xq

Mentor
From what I hear discussed in the morning talk shows on WPHT-1210, Uber has come to Philadelphia. Might have contributed to the loss of cab companies. Either that, or potholes and water line breaks got 'em.

captaincab

I've noticed a few things recently. It appears Olde City, Philadelphia Coach Comms, and probably a few others have gone out of business. It also appears some cab companies may not be using radio communications anymore.

There is a medallion cab company using the Sunshine Roxborough system with 0-16-005 as base and 0-16-006 as mobiles. One of the cabs is P-959 - I'll try to keep an eye out for it to identify the company. Also P-081, 1183, and 1282 as well.

Appears to be another cab company on home channel 12 of the Sunshine system. Base is 0-12-030 with mobiles 0-12-034 and 0-12-055 (I'd guess the mobile range is 0-12-031-0-12-060).

Capital Dispatch appears to be no more - haven't seen their cars or any activity on their single channel LTR.

Liberty Cab is still around and their single channel LTR is active but haven't caught any activity other than the system status messages.

All City Taxi is still around but not using the Sunshine system anymore - I'm guessing they've gone to MDT dispatch.

Victory Taxi (the red ones) doesn't appear to be around anymore - haven't seen any of their cars in a while and no activity on their radio channel. Not sure about their town car division.

Don't have radio assignments for Yellow Cab (215-333-3133 number), Checker Cab, 215-GET-A-CAB, or Freedom Taxi. I'm guessing these may be some of the mystery ones on the Sunshine system. If anyone can fill in the blanks please chime in.

215 get a cab is the former all city taxi and on sunshines system still.

freedom uses mdt's for 90 percent of comms but has a talk group on the sunshine system

victory taxi is no longer freedom brought them out

capital was brought out by 215 get a cab

checker uses the sunshine talk group with 215 get a cab

yellow cab uses a 450mhz idas digital system with voice inversion and they use mdt's as well

the cab numbers you mentioned are most likely all city/215 get a cab numbers

the other one you mentioned with out cab numbers is bucks'mont cab
i think i covered all the questions

captaincab

Uber is no match for cab companies in Philly. In fact the ppa who regulates philly cabs recently impounded a bunch of uber x drivers and cars in a big sting for violations of their operating rights.

From what I hear discussed in the morning talk shows on WPHT-1210, Uber has come to Philadelphia. Might have contributed to the loss of cab companies. Either that, or potholes and water line breaks got 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.