Philadelphia Towing Companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

RES27CUE

Premium Subscriber
Was curious i've seen a few private towing companies on scene of accidents through out the city carrying what looked to be dmr portables was curious if anyone would know if they were using analog frequencies or renting off of a a radio shop using a dmr system and have any info on frequencies or system information i have not came across any towing companies with radio licenses for philadelphia would be curious to monitor if anyone would have any info thanks

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
The city uses different companies to clear up accidents that impede traffic. They rotate through several companies on a regular basis. Perhaps they have access to a city radio for when it's their turn in the rotation?

RES27CUE

Premium Subscriber
they don't look like the city public safety radios ex: Apx p25 radios nor is there believe any talk group under the city system i believe they are renting off of a citywide DMR system ran by a local radio shop but i have yet to see anything pop up talk group wise

philacop

Premium Subscriber
they don't look like the city public safety radios ex: Apx p25 radios nor is there believe any talk group under the city system i believe they are renting off of a citywide DMR system ran by a local radio shop but i have yet to see anything pop up talk group wise

philacop

Premium Subscriber

What are the names of the towing companies and what part of the city do you see them respond??
There are some on dmr systems and others on nexedge .. They rent on one of the connect plus or nxdn systems
in Phila . Heard them on the dmr stuff as they seem encrypted on the nxdn
Site

RES27CUE

Premium Subscriber
i've seen george smith towing guys carrying what looked to be either xpr7550 or 7580's if they are in 900mhz today doing tow a ways with ppa today some of the companies that handle the blvd. just curious to listen among some of the other businesses i listen to in my free time any info would be appreciated

philacop

Premium Subscriber

RES27CUE

Premium Subscriber
do you have the rpt tones to listen for smith or link to system info? others are hooked inc, sianis, south philly tow, lew blum, LMT theres a ton more but they are the more bigger ones

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
These towing guys on PDV wireless are a riot to listen too. I have my SDR at work all setup for these guys when things get slow.

RES27CUE

Premium Subscriber
Basically why i just wanted to tune them in i drive up and down the blvd and through center city most of my day and i see them racing around but never know what they are actually doing skypilot007 could you message me the info so i can punch it in

Septa3371CSX1

There are a few on the Homan Center City 454 MHz Nexedge system. One of them has aliases that come up that appear to be nicknames for the guys using the radios. I was never able to figure out who is who. The only tow company I was ever able to confirm on an SMR system was K&S on the MADRN.

kc4jgc

The city uses different companies to clear up accidents that impede traffic. They rotate through several companies on a regular basis. Perhaps they have access to a city radio for when it's their turn in the rotation?

Curious, has Philly calmed down the towing business? Maybe it was just for show; I remember a series on Discovery or some other cable channel that showed the towing scene there was like the freaking wild west! Tow truck operators carried scanners; when an accident was transmitted on PPD it would be a race to get to the scene first! Total insanity with rival towing companies blocking each other out and pulling dirty tricks to get the job. Wasn't sure if was for real or not....

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
Most of the companies mentioned are wreck chase shops. Lew blum and George smith use 900mhz pdv but neither chase accidents they do strictly regular towing and parking enforcement. Most chase shops use either the holman ltr or a local dmr with encrypting but even if you decode we use nick names etc so trust me your never gonna guess who is who. We do that for a reason. As for city rotation companies no one gets notifed by two way radio. It's a combination of a cell phone app and phone notification from police radio. If you want a detailed explanation on how rotation works just ask and i will post it.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
Wreck chasing is very much for real. First to get there first to make that $$$.

Curious, has Philly calmed down the towing business? Maybe it was just for show; I remember a series on Discovery or some other cable channel that showed the towing scene there was like the freaking wild west! Tow truck operators carried scanners; when an accident was transmitted on PPD it would be a race to get to the scene first! Total insanity with rival towing companies blocking each other out and pulling dirty tricks to get the job. Wasn't sure if was for real or not....

Status
Not open for further replies.