Philly PD with Pro-97?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambull

Hi, I was wondering if I will be able to pick up the Philadelphia Police on my Pro-97. I imported the info from the radio reference db and all I get is digital noise. I used to live in Knoxville, TN and I was able to listen to their trunked system just fine. Is there anything special I have to do? Thanks!!

marcp90

Premium Subscriber
No sorry =( you need a digital scanner to monitor Philadelphia. The ones listed below will work.

Radio Shack Pro 96 and 2096
GRE PSR 500 and 600
Uniden BCD 996-T and 396-T
Uniden BC296D and BC796D

ambull

I thought that was going to be the answer. How depressing. Thanks for the response. At least there is a decent amount to listen to on conventional freqs. Time to start looking for a deal on a Pro-96.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
502.6875 - SEPTA Police Dispatch

This also broadcasts Philly Police "J Band". J Band is where you will hear flash announcements and other citywide traffic.

Monitoring the SEPTA channel is a workaround to give you a little Philly PD traffic.

ambull

benrussellpa said:
502.6875 - SEPTA Police Dispatch

This also broadcasts Philly Police "J Band". J Band is where you will hear flash announcements and other citywide traffic.

Monitoring the SEPTA channel is a workaround to give you a little Philly PD traffic.

Thanks. I've been listening to the SEPTA Police tonight a little bit and its pretty active. It is definitely more active then I thought it's be. They just doubled the amount of SEPTA police officers on duty during school hours due to the recent attacks.

Septa3371CSX1

You may also want to consider programming the Delaware River Port Authority (DRPA) EDACS trunked system. I have it programmed on my Pro 97 and they have a well constructed system. It is designed to allow for interoperability. They have a mixed analog and pro voice digital system. You can hear the Philly PD T (Traffic) Band on this system via a patch (which is a TGID) in analog. You'll hear stuff from all over the city there. While I can't monitor Philly PD fully, I can still get J band on 502.6875 and T band on the DRPA system. The T Band patch on the DRPA system is just about always on.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
listening outside the city

you can do that too if you'd like. You should be able to pick up Montgomery county's trunked system (with the exception of digital Whitemarsh PD, and the fire channels but you can hear those on analog repeaters anyway). You should also be able to pick up Delaware county who works a conventional system, and over in NJ you should be able to hear Camden and Gloucester Counties who are also conventional. Camden city and cherry Hill, NJ is also analog and both operate on EDACS systems. I know its not the same as listening to stuff in your own backyard, but at least it may be something to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.