Phoenix 936.2625 - Intel Corp?

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what type of radio system is transmitting on 936.2625 in Phoenix area? I made a wideband I/Q recording from just north of the airport last Friday and am attempting to decode but it's not DMR or P25-1/2. There's a couple other channels in this same band that appear visually similar.

This seems to be the FCC license: FCC Callsign WPJG930 (INTEL CORPORATION) for the Intel plant in Chandler. The license lists a 13.6 kHz emission designator which matches analog FM voice, but doesn't seem to match known digital protocols.

It's a digitally modulated signal, possibly a 4FSK variant. The transmitted bandwidth is approximately 16 kHz as visually measured in sdrtrunk.

Denny

20240123_170800_screen_capture.png

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
I tried from here in Maricopa and nothing, but just a hair up is 936.275 (Motorola AirTime Solutions on South Mtn)
and I'm getting DMR on it. Wideband may have been throwing it off?

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Wideband (10 MHz) was the recording. When I replay in sdrtrunk it uses a standard channel and filter.

dhawrylkiw

Coconino County (South) Feed Provider
This seems to be the FCC license: FCC Callsign WPJG930 (INTEL CORPORATION) for the Intel plant in Chandler. The license lists a 13.6 kHz emission designator which matches analog FM voice, but doesn't seem to match known digital protocols.
They encrypted their DMR system years ago, which likely explains why it is seen as DMR but does not decode.

dhawrylkiw

Coconino County (South) Feed Provider
Is that constant, like a control channel? I don't know what you are receiving, but I do not see activity on 936.2625 from Chandler.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
It was a continuous, control channel-like signal. I only got to record it for a short period north of the airport, the night before catching a flight home.