PHX PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
Finally upgraded to a HP 2, finding conflicting site data for PPD. Correct me if I am wrong, PPD is not on Simul B, they are only using Thompson Peak and G West correct?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Program Simulcast A for PPD. They were only on B for a short time during maintenance on Simulcast A.

You can hear 200 on Thompson peak, 800 on Simulcast G, and 400 on Simulcast C. If you can receive simulcast A, all PPD channels are there.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
Simul A

Thank you, begs the question, how come Uniden does not have Simul A in their data base?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Thank you, begs the question, how come Uniden does not have Simul A in their data base?

You need to do DB update if you are running an older version. Simulcast A was changed to 700mhz freqs and only came online about a month ago.

On your HP2, hit menu, Advanced Option, Down arrow, Version Information. If Database Version is older than a month, it is time to connect it to a computer and update.

The great thing about this radio, is that when systems change, it just needs to be plugged in and updated. You will probably have issues with MCSO too, as they are rebanding their current radio system, and the will be building a new radio system in the near future.

Last edited:

radioguru6613

This brings up an interesting question that I've been wondering about, I've used a PSR500 for the last few years but it finally got traded up for a BC536HP so I can monitor Phase 2 and DMR (very cool BTW).

So the question is, how do you tie a site to a list of talk-groups? Given that Fire is on 1 simulcast and Police is on another and West Valley is on their own, short of setting up individual systems for each cluster, is there a way to setup 1 system and marry the talk-groups to the sites they belong on?

I've been using Sentinel to program the radio which seems to work for me, maybe not as intuitive as Win500 but I'm figuring it out.

KB7MIB

Phoenix FD K- and L-decks can be found on all of the simulcasts except A.
K-2 is also carried on Thompson Peak and at least sometimes White Tanks.
I prefer to keep things seperated, personally. It makes it easier to focus my listening to specific agencies better.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.