Pickaway County migration to Ohio MARCS - June 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had just updated / added the Site NAC for some sites, based upon a submission that had been made. It's not relevant to you unless you own an SDS-100 and you restrict site activity based upon the Site NAC.

mike

Would it be possible to split the sites discussion into a new thread? I can’t read anything beyond page 213 like a lot of people for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
So looking at the database this morning, I noticed that there are new frequencies for the 1-036 and 1-009 sites. Neither one appears to have changed according to the data I have in my scanner.

I guess my question is: Where did the new data come from?

Follow up: Are the remaining frequencies for the EDACS going to be migrated over to the County site (1-070) once all the users have migrated? According to this thread, the SO goes today, whose left on the EDACS at that point?
Usually when an agency migrates to MARCS their old frequencies roll over to the state to use as they wish, which are many times used on the local MARCS towers. As of 6/29/18 local police were still on EDACS.

mharris

Premium Subscriber
What is wrong with the audio on the MARCS TG for PCSO? It sounds absolutely horrible and way too loud. Are they linked to EDACS? I thought they were done testing and made the switch.?

What is wrong with the audio on the MARCS TG for PCSO? It sounds absolutely horrible and way too loud. Are they linked to EDACS? I thought they were done testing and made the switch.?

I haven’t been listening. I’ll have to listen tonight and see what I hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mharris

Premium Subscriber
The SO sounds fine to me off the county site. I have the EDACS TG's locked out so I'm hearing the SO off of MARCS...

It's dispatch that is way too loud and clipping. The mobiles are fine. I'm listening through the Columbus site on my SDS100.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
It's dispatch that is way too loud and clipping. The mobiles are fine. I'm listening through the Columbus site on my SDS100.

I've heard a lot of "Testing 1 2 3" on the law side lately, so I suspect they're tweaking audio levels to get it right.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Anyone else noticing that the SO's radios all sound garbled today on MARCS? Sounds like they all are trying to eat marbles and talk on the radio...

Heard some audio tweaking on 7/5, sounded considerably better, major improvement.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Pickaway County law enforcement agencies made the switch to the P25 system on Wednesday, July 26 at noon.

All users have migrated to the new system, but three channels remain in service temporarily on the EDACS system, which will be discontinued by the end of August.

Mike

lucky43113

Not sure where to post this but I am in circleville Pickaway county and can not figure out what to add in freescan so I can hear the city and county road crews. I use to be able to before the change over

Not sure where to post this but I am in circleville Pickaway county and can not figure out what to add in freescan so I can hear the city and county road crews. I use to be able to before the change over

Found this talkgroup for county Engineers 39702 can't you just add ONE Talkgroup in what ever scanner you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.