Pickaway County migration to Ohio MARCS - June 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky43113

I am using freescan with my 996p2 and I am located Circleville but for some reason I can no longer pick up the city or county road crews like I use to what do I need to put in my scanner so I can hear them.

I noticed they disappeared as well. I need to fire up unitrunker and see if I can figure out where they went. It’s either something changed, or they are doing all dispatching via CAD...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I am using freescan with my 996p2 and I am located Circleville but for some reason I can no longer pick up the city or county road crews like I use to what do I need to put in my scanner so I can hear them.
Ohio MARCS TG 39702 County Engineer/Highway Department as in the RR DB. I would try that. Most of these types of agencies don't have a lot of radio traffic, except during snow events. There may also be talkgroups in use which have not yet been submitted to the database.

lucky43113

Ohio MARCS TG 39702 County Engineer/Highway Department as in the RR DB. I would try that. Most of these types of agencies don't have a lot of radio traffic, except during snow events. There may also be talkgroups in use which have not yet been submitted to the database.

I use to hear the city a lot too like the water company doing shut offs but those TG must not have been submitted yet

au1344

Premium Subscriber
I was down in Circleville a couple of weeks ago, 39510 was very active on site 1-36. Sounded like CPD was being dispatched like normal.

Ok, So I created a system in my scanner that duplicated the sites from my primary config and added every talk group ID from 39500 to 39999 to a scan list, naming the known talk groups with the appropriate names. I left the scanner on all night and let it go.

Lots of traffic on 39508 (FD65DISP)
No traffic until around 0650 on 39510 (CVPDDISP). I refuse to beleive this city is *that* quiet at night...
Had some traffic on 39752 (PICCABUS) this morning as well.
Couple of new talkgroups have been recorded:
39535 (buses conducting radio checks, possibly Circleville City Schools?) I'll keep monitoring and see what else I get..
39619 and 39625 both had a bit of traffic and sound like fire or EMS, but I couldn't pinpoint who they were based on dispatch runs on 65FDDISP...

Scanners staying home today to keep doing it's thing.

J

Ok, so I went through the stuff the scanner recorded today, here are my observations:
39522 Is encrypted
39535 Is most likely Circleville City Schools (Bus so and so to CES was heard.)
39536 is also schools (Mr. Urig To Mr. Thornsly, do you copy?)
39772 and 39773 are both the same agency, based off of radio ID's, however traffic is encrypted (South Bloomfield maybe?)
39774 I think is Ashville PD. Street names and the mention of Ashville Common occur in a transmission. Streets are in Ashville.

I'm going to wait a few days to submit Ashville to the database, I want more data first.

J

I have been in Circleville many times, some days you hear them, some days you don't. They may be using part-time encryption and forget to turn it off.

That could be, My PSR-800 would at least give me an indication of that. (It provides a busy signal on an encrypted transmission) I actually don't have CVPD enabled in the scanner at the moment. Focusing on seeing who's out that that I didn't know existed...

I really need a base scanner...

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
That could be, My PSR-800 would at least give me an indication of that. (It provides a busy signal on an encrypted transmission) I actually don't have CVPD enabled in the scanner at the moment. Focusing on seeing who's out that that I didn't know existed...

I really need a base scanner...

Also remember that the PSR800 will grab whichever tower site it likes best and stay there unless you have each site set up as a separate system; for whatever reason CVPDDISP only uses the Circleville tower, so if your radio grabs the County tower (which is where nearly everybody else seems to be) you won't hear CVPDDISP.

I can hear the County tower fine and dandy from my house, so I've got it set up for that site only; I have a separate system set up with the Circleville tower for OSP and CPD, but since I rarely monitor CPD (or Circleville Schools) it works out fine.

My 800 has both the 036 and 070 sites in for this run of just seeing what’s on the system. And I get traffic off of each site I’ll continue to receive FD65DISP off the 036 (Circleville) site while receiving not a peep from CVPDDISP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mkinkade

Premium Subscriber
I don't usually listen to Circleville PD, but put my G5 on the Circleville site the other day. I was hearing Circleville PD. Agree with Wa8pyr, they are only on the Circleville site. Just turned then on now, and heard them on their talk group.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I don't usually listen to Circleville PD, but put my G5 on the Circleville site the other day. I was hearing Circleville PD. Agree with Wa8pyr, they are only on the Circleville site. Just turned then on now, and heard them on their talk group.

My 800 has both the 036 and 070 sites in for this run of just seeing what’s on the system. And I get traffic off of each site I’ll continue to receive FD65DISP off the 036 (Circleville) site while receiving not a peep from CVPDDISP.

Not sure what's going on for your radio then. Like mkinkade I don't usually listen to CPD, but when I do they're always on the Circleville site, chattering away like usual. Nearly every other talkgroup can be heard on both the County site and Circleville site, while some appear to only show up on the County tower.

Tom

So today, interestingly enough, I started receiving CPD on the county (070) Site. All day, I've been picking up 39510 on both sites, but primarily the county site (my guess is due to the proximity to the 070 site)...

Guess they fixed whatever was preventing them from using the 070 site...

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Still nothing from the city or country I guess with pumpkin show going on there would be traffic but I sure can't find it

Have you tried the mobile sites? The last couple of years they were using those for Pumpkin Show comms.

Status
Not open for further replies.