Pickaway County migration to Ohio MARCS - June 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert43055

Ok, so I went through the stuff the scanner recorded today, here are my observations:
39522 Is encrypted
39535 Is most likely Circleville City Schools (Bus so and so to CES was heard.)
39536 is also schools (Mr. Urig To Mr. Thornsly, do you copy?)
39772 and 39773 are both the same agency, based off of radio ID's, however traffic is encrypted (South Bloomfield maybe?)
39774 I think is Ashville PD. Street names and the mention of Ashville Common occur in a transmission. Streets are in Ashville.

I'm going to wait a few days to submit Ashville to the database, I want more data first.

J
Did you ever find ashville pd?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I have not, but I've also not been in a searching mode. (too much other stuff going on...) Per the county Wiki, I suspect that all dispatch stuff is occurring on SO65DISP (https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Pickaway_County_(OH)) Rather than the old SO1 and SO2 arrangement on the old EDACS system.

We'll figure out where everyone is. Eventually...

This is correct. . . only one dispatch talkgroup. Listen to the unit numbers and you can tell who is who:

64xx - Commercial Point PD
65xx - Sheriff
66xx - New Holland PD (theoretically; they often mark as "New Holland x")
67xx - South Bloomfield PD
68xx - Ashville PD

Some of the "suburbs" (particularly Ashville and Bloomfield) often drop the leading 6 so what you'll get is "721" or "806."

So The SDS has been in discovery mode all night on the County site, I think
39716 is Harrison Township Road crews. (99% certian of this)
39741 Washington (Twp?) Road crews more than likely (Talking about switcing to rain, continue treating?)
39774 Ashville Common/TAC (Talking about water on the road (Presumably 762 at the underpass))
39612 Something involving Circleville Fire (City Dispatch to Medic 1)

That's all I've got from the run since I made it home from Columbus... I think I'm going to leave the 100 in discovery mode all night and see what we get tomorrow morning...

J

39612 was just added to the DB as 'CV OPS2' 'Circleville Fire Station Alerting'. From what you describe it sounds more like an OPS2 channel instead of an alert channel.

They were also marking out at Berger ER, and reported back into quarters on the same TG. I think they are moving the city operations from 39508 to it's own talkgroup...

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
So The SDS has been in discovery mode all night on the County site, I think
39716 is Harrison Township Road crews. (99% certian of this)
39741 Washington (Twp?) Road crews more than likely (Talking about switcing to rain, continue treating?)
39774 Ashville Common/TAC (Talking about water on the road (Presumably 762 at the underpass))
39612 Something involving Circleville Fire (City Dispatch to Medic 1)

That's all I've got from the run since I made it home from Columbus... I think I'm going to leave the 100 in discovery mode all night and see what we get tomorrow morning...

I spent Sunday playing radio, confirmed a bunch of stuff (including some above) and submitted it. 39716 is Harrison Common.

Did catch one which sounded like snow plows on 39782 but couldn't identify who it was. Also caught who I think is Harrison Twp road crews but it wasn't on 39716.

Looks like talkgroup names and uses for the most part mirror what was on the EDACS system.

I spent Sunday playing radio, confirmed a bunch of stuff (including some above) and submitted it. 39716 is Harrison Common.

Did catch one which sounded like snow plows on 39782 but couldn't identify who it was. Also caught who I think is Harrison Twp road crews but it wasn't on 39716.

Looks like talkgroup names and uses for the most part mirror what was on the EDACS system.
Using the same naming would make sense. Nothing new for the folks on the street to learn.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.