• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Pictures of Old Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

EFjohnsonVHF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks for sharing that website, I really enjoyed looking at the old scanners, It really took me back a ways....

EFjohnsonVHF said:
Thanks for sharing that website, I really enjoyed looking at the old scanners, It really took me back a ways....
You're welcome. The earliest ones are kind of funny.

Oh, the money !

I enjoyed looking at the many many scanners that I've owned over the years. They were ALL there !!!! That 8 Track one actually worked great, just had 4 channels though. Had to crystal it. But then, the sheriff, city police, city fire department & neighboring counties were all on 39.58. The highway patrol took two, 44.74 and 44.86. Our volunteer squad was on 37.90.....So, that little thing was all you needed!

Man, oh man, the money I've spent since high school - I'm 48 now !!!!!

Steve/KB8FAR ;)

Last edited:
SLWilson said:
I enjoyed looking at the many many scanners that I've owned over the years. They were ALL there !!!! That 8 Track one actually worked great, just had 4 channels though. Had to crystal it. But then, the sheriff, city police, city fire department & neighboring counties were all on 39.58. The highway patrol took two, 44.74 and 44.86. Our volunteer squad was on 37.90.....So, that little thing was all you needed!

Man, oh man, the money I've spent since high school - I'm 48 now !!!!!

Steve/KB8FAR ;)

Two that I used to have aren't there: Regency Touch M400 and Craig 4-channel handheld.

I think it would be good if the years they were made were included.

Last edited:

RedPenguin

Premium Subscriber
Yes

mrrandb said:
You're welcome. The earliest ones are kind of funny.
A couple of them like the Radio Shack 2020, seriously looks to me like a weight machine, to see how much something weighs. I swear, I know someone who actually has a RS-2020, but I don't know if they still have it. I kinda want it from them, because it still works, and covers the range that our local law enforcement use around here.

RedPenguin said:
A couple of them like the Radio Shack 2020, seriously looks to me like a weight machine, to see how much something weighs. I swear, I know someone who actually has a RS-2020, but I don't know if they still have it. I kinda want it from them, because it still works, and covers the range that our local law enforcement use around here.
I have had a 2021 (about the same as the 2020) since it was new in the mid 80's. If I remember correctly, I think I paid 200 bucks for it, which was pretty expensive back then. It's on 24/7 in an office at work. The display light burned out years ago, but other than that, it still works like a charm. Just have to replace the 9v battery in it about once a year to keep the memory going.

I'm a UNIDEN man...

I once owned the BC140, BC210XLT, and BC200XLT. I currently have a vintage Bearcat III and Bearcat IV, along with my BC350A, BC2500XLT, and BCD396T.

trace1 said:
I once owned the BC140, BC210XLT, and BC200XLT. I currently have a vintage Bearcat III and Bearcat IV, along with my BC350A, BC2500XLT, and BCD396T.

I still have a BC200XLT.

Speaking of old scanners... While watching a show on TV where Burt Reynolds was involved in a modenized version of the black Trans Am from the movie Smokie and the Bandit, some interior shots of the "movie car" were shown. I saw what appeared to be a scanner located on top of the Cd radio. It had the name Pace on it. I seem to recall CB's from that company. Anyone have any Idea if it was indeed a scanner?

That's a lot of scanners. I hope RS keeps making new models all the time throughout my lifetime, I wish things stay scannanable forever.

nova1010 said:
The oldest one I have is this Patrolman-4 its seen better days but still works good :)

Also have my old BC200xlt and a beat up pro 34 lol

You should send that pic to Brett's gallery.

Status
Not open for further replies.