Pinellas Co. Bayflite

Status
Not open for further replies.

webley445

Is it possible to monitor BF talking to bayfront or other hospitals?
Is it done on the 800 system or conventional freqs?
I work right by Bayfront and see the helos coming and going all the time. Hear them on the FD tac channels and BF dispatches but never them talking directly to the hospitals.

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if they use the 800 Freqs for the hospitals in the database. I know Sarasota (Bayflight 2) uses UHF freqs for dispatch (451.500 PL 192.8) this is used for dispatch and patient reports the go to Bayfront Med Ctr. They use other freqs for Tampa General and St. Joes.

Doug

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Your best bet is Air Secondary, 155.340 PL 167.9 - Bayflite (in the bay area) switched to Nexthell for dispatch, but still uses Air Secondary for status reports.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
They are on the Pinellas 800 system, I also hear patient information relayed to Bayflite communications, then, I'm assuming, relayed to the hospitals via phone.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I have those programmed but all I hear is dispatching of BF, not to say I haven't missed other transmissions.

BF does talk on them, they are required to report a safe landing or takeoff to communications. Often they will report back the patient's condition to have relayed to hospitals.

webley445

Ok, guess I'm not up on their SOP's.
So they just communicate directly with their dispatch and FD LZ on approach for a pickup. I thought maybe they had direct comms to ER like EMS/SS does.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Ok, guess I'm not up on their SOP's.
So they just communicate directly with their dispatch and FD LZ on approach for a pickup. I thought maybe they had direct comms to ER like EMS/SS does.

Here's what I take from listening to them for the last year or so...
An alert tone is sounded on either of the two Pinellas system TG's, the dispatcher then advises the responding chopper which city they are responding to. Then, when airborne, Bayflite communications gives the address of the LZ, pre-arrival information, and tac channel for the agency they are responding to, then they switch or just use another radio for the tac channel. They also report safe landing and takeoffs on the Pinellas system TG's. Then on SOME occasions, the chopper reports patient status to Bayflite communications, then they relay it to the hospital. Other times, I don't hear the patient status information, so they probably do indeed use ALS to hospital channels like most transport units sometimes.

Bucephalus

Premium Subscriber
Usually Bayflight will respond with county by commanding a channel switch to one of the Tac channels. I have heard them plenty of times talking with county up here in Pasco.

kayleesdad

thought i just heard a bayflite reference on 461.9500 (192.8), motorcycle accident to hospital. could be from any county near Pinellas, I suppose, on clear night like this.

I've been inside the communications tower at bayflite which is located on top of the tower they have a direct line that doesn't get hung up it just lies on the desk. they have a frequency to talk to the pilots, also the airport located right next to them ( i forget the name) they do all the air traffic talk like where they need to fly e.t.c. but you won't here the calls to all children s or bay front as its a land line. i heard them call the hospital because i was in the Comm center when some guy fell off his ladder onto the concrete they called in to let them clear a room and stuff. i know this because Ive been up their on a field trip recently. I'm in high school.

webley445

Awesome bro, that answers alot of questions. Makes sense as I've been in ER and seen the crew bring someone in and they give a rundown to ER personnel unlike SS coming where they already know whats up.

kayleesdad

Did anyone catch a frequency that pinellas EMS might have used in today's Howard Frankland accident when they continued on north bound I-275 into Hillsborough county to go to St. Jospeph's hospital? Caught the info from EMS on the assigned channel to dispatch on the Pinellas 800 system and fire on their assigned channel, but I was wondering if EMS communicated directly with St. Joseph on some frequency. Or maybe dispatch relayed info to st. joseph's by phone. didn't catch them on hillborough ems frequencies or on some of the st. joseph's frequencies -- may have missed it. did invest $12 at autozone for a reflective triangle to help avoid rearend collisions when I'm on the 275 shoulder like they were, maybe attach a bike strobe light to it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.