Planning 396T system designs help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomeranger

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm awaiting delivery of the 396T. In the meantime I'm trying to plan out my systems and need to know if I'm on the right track.

I'm entering it into arc396 demo in the meantime.

My first system is my County Police. The county is divided into 5 sectors, with separate dispatch, mutual aid and car-to-car freqs for each sector so I designed the system like so, parens are for clarity only:

1 DelCo PD (system) QK1
{
Sector 1 (group) QK 1
Sector 1 freqs.

Sector 2 (group) QK2
Sector 2 freqs.

Sector 3 (group) QK3
Sector 3 freqs.

Sector 4 (group) QK4
Sector 4 freqs.

Sector 5 (group) QK5
Sector 5 freqs.
}

Since I don't listen to all sectors all the time, is this the correct arrangement?

Are System QKs and Group QKs linked? In the example above would system QK1 also turn on Group QK1? I hoped not.

Next is the County Fire system. Here there are 13 Fire Channels. Fire 1 & 2 are primary and secondary district channels, Fire 3 & 4 similar, Fire 5 & 6 similar and Fire 7 & 8 similar. Here I arranged each channel as it's own group.

2 DelCo Fire (system ) QK2
{
Fire Dispatch (group 0) QK0
freq.

Fire 1 (group 1) QK1
freq.
Fire 2 (group 2) QK1
freq.

Fire 3 (group 3) QK3
freq.
Fire 4 (group 4) QK3
freq.

Fire 5 (group 5) QK5
freq.
Fire 6 (group 6) QK5
freq.

Fire 7 (group 7) QK7
freq.
Fire 8 (group 8) QK7
freq.
}

Is this a reasonable arrangement? Again, I nevere listen to all the fire channels. Here, if I flip on QK3, it'll turn on both the Fire 3 and Fire 4 frequencies? This behavior I want.

And for all the other township PDs and FDs that have their own dispatching, they'll each become their own systems with one group each?

Thanks for any help.

I always wanted dynamic banking, just going through the shift in mindset jitters.

Andy

Boomeranger

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
slicerwizard said:
SQK's are not linked to GQK's. You're doing fine (as long as your ARC396 demo doesn't time out before your scanner shows up)

slicerwizard,

Many thanks.

The interface of arc396 is very intuitive and I will have no problem purchasing the registered version.

Just had to give it a brief road trip to learn what I could learn without the scanner in my hands.

All the best,

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.